Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new idea for myself *possible trigger*

+2
Beauitful Disgrace
Broken-Life
6 posters

Go down

new idea for myself *possible trigger* Empty new idea for myself *possible trigger*

Post by Broken-Life Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am

so.....i woke up this mornin wanting to lose weight again. Well i was thinking about it and i have come to a solution..... I will start eating one meal a day....and if i eat anymore than that then i can cut for it. I was thinking, i already cut for other reasons and that maybe this would work for me and help me to lose weight......just an idea. I will ponder on it more tonight.

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

new idea for myself *possible trigger* Empty Re: new idea for myself *possible trigger*

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 am

Broken-Life wrote:so.....i woke up this mornin wanting to lose weight again. Well i was thinking about it and i have come to a solution..... I will start eating one meal a day....and if i eat anymore than that then i can cut for it. I was thinking, i already cut for other reasons and that maybe this would work for me and help me to lose weight......just an idea. I will ponder on it more tonight.

Hun not to sound mean or rude but I think that you should reread your statement many many times. Your body needs to be feed more then once a day and you shoulnt punish yourself for eating more then that by cutting. There are healthier was to lose weight. If you really feel the need to lose weight I think that you should pray and ask God to help you find the best and healthiest way to do so..Be careful hun <3
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

new idea for myself *possible trigger* Empty Re: new idea for myself *possible trigger*

Post by cassandra Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 am

i agree with morgan. one meal a day is not even close to enough..i know i've been down that road a few years ago, and its hard. cutting is certainly not the answer. by cutting, you're abusing God's temple--1 Corinthians 6:18-20 states "Don't you know that your body is a temple that belongs to the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit, whom you received from God, lives in you. You don't belong to yourselves." you're also abusing it by starving yourself. if you really feel like you need to lose weight, then talk to a doctor, and see what he/she recommends and find yourself an accountability partner--someone who you can be completely honest with, and who'll support you in what is best for you, and above all, is a strong Christian and loves God with all his/her heart. please be really careful.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:27 am

i cant go to no doctor. i will not allow myself to. No. No. No. Going to see a doctor about losing weight would just make things worse for me. My parents would fuss at me and i would never hear the end of it if i was to go see a doctor. In the 6th grade i was eating a meal a day and i am still alive. I know my body is a temple for the Lord, and i know i have damaged it tremendously, but i just cant stop. Living without self injury for me is like a baby without its botttle- i need my blades with my 24/7. I can't confide in anyone really. I have one true friend who i tell everything to, she knows about it all, and she just tells me she loves me and tell me not to cut or she tells me to eat and all that mess. When i stay with her, she forces me to eat, or else i will not be able to stay again is exactly what she said. I cant lose her, not my bestest and truest friend. She has helped me get through a lot. Every one around me tells me "you need to eat" "we need to put meat on them bones" or "if you dont eat more your going to get tubes up your nose", but i dont see what they see, they dont see what i see. No where near. Sometimes i wish they could walk in my shoes, but they can't. They dont understand me, i cant explain things to them, they just dont get it. Eating one meal a day is my only solution right now, i mean going to a doctor would be terrible, and im not a big fan of hospitals.....i'm just stuck i guess. I dont know. Sad im still pondering the idea.

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:54 am

Hun I know what you mean when you talk about cutting about it being yours confort. Ive have been dealing with self-injury since I was 12 or 13 I am now 21. I have spent the last three years trying to stop.I would give up my blades only to buy new ones,I would makes promise only to break them.I tryed to do this on my own.I had been saved yet hadnt giving everything to him. At one point in time when I left the house I had to have three things my cell phone, a blade if not two and a lighter. As of Dec. 2, 2009 I am self-injury free its still a battle. I have wanted to give up so many times but I have kept fighting.As of Jan. 1, 2010 I have no longer carried a blade with me nor have a replaced the ones that went into the trash that day. While it might seem like I did this I have to point something very big out..GOD DID IT!! I couldnt have done any of this without Him... Hun plz seek him he will meet you where you are...<3
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by thinking Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I've been there and it is not a pleasant place. Your mind is only trying to fool you. The devil is trying to seep into your thoughts, and is succeeding. Do you want the devil to succeed? You need to beat this!!!! I know you can do it! If us all can on this board, so can you! It is hard, very very very hard. VERY hard. But you have to push and fight, it's worth it!!!!! Jesus died on the cross for our us. He died for our pain, weaknesses, and everything! Now we can live in Him and have Him in our hearts. Don't let this bring you down, it's just a big bump in the road for now. And the more you drive over it, the flatter that bump in the road will get, and soon, it will be a flat, smooth ride! It gets easier, i promise!
thinking
thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:52 pm

here's a video that the soundguy at church made of the last and BESTEST SCENE of our easter play this past easter. this is what overcoming ALL addictions is all about..the 2guys in white at the front are playing the angels who were guarding the tomb, the guy in black thats walking around, he's playing the devil and is holding the keys to ALL SIN!..this video shows God rising by coming out of the tomb, and THE BATTLE between Him and the devil takes place, by Him TAKING THE KEYS IN HIS CONTROL!!!He's already won the battle for us. we just need to surrender it all over to Him. no one ever said it would be easy, however, God DID PROMISE us we wouldn't have to overcome this alone. He's always walking beside us, helping us.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1206986508374
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Hey Broken,
You say you know that your "body is a temple" so what are you going to do about it, willingly disobey God by mistreating the body he has given you? It sounds to me like willful disobedience. I know that you struggle, I know that you have this distorted view of yourself, but that's exactly what it is, DISTORTED. God says you are beautiful just the way you are and he expects us to treat ourselves with dignity and respect as He treats us. God didn't create you to starve yourself or to cut yourself even. He created you to serve Him and only Him, not your vices (cutting/food). It might be a good idea for you to speak with Dawn our moderator as she has struggled with an eating disorder herself but has overcome it.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Hun, I ate one meal a day when i was in 6-7th grade. I went from 120 to 105, then to 100, and my all time low was at 95 when my heartbeat was so slow they could hardly pick it up.
I went to the doctor for the flu, and walked out with antibiotics and a diagnosis of Anorexia.
I'd cry because I always thought I was fat, and I'd do anything to distract myself from eating.
Being skinny won't instantly appeal to men, it won't get you love.
Men like curves, not skin, bones, and a date who eats ittt bitty bites on dates, especially to a buffet. Men hate that :p that's the point of all-you-can-eat, know what I mean? (:

I ruined my body. My family is filled with beautiful women(some overweight, and some are just normal, like voluptuous curves, drop dead gorgeous.) with (NATURAL!) breasts that are like D cups. I'm only an A, and I don't seem to be growing.
I ruined what wasn't ruined of my metabolism. I now eat like 1,000 calories a day, and I lose NOTHING.
I have knee issues, so being 5 0" and weighing 120, for my circumstances I'm 10 pounds overweight.
I got a bad rep. Everyone knows me as,"the stupid girl who's obsessed with her body"
I always get sick, my immune system just... It's like it died.
I guess now the beauty isn't worth it.
Be your healthy weight. Eat healthy(I'm a total hypocrite on this, I admit. I'm just now eating some veggies and drinking more water and less soda.) and exercise. (once again, TOTAL HYPOCRITE.)

Instead of refraining from food all together, refrain from junk food.
Eat more home cooked meals, with lean meat and wheat, instead of take out.

I've dieted half my life, my weights gone up and down, I know how it feels.
I've been called names all my life, and i know how much that hurts.

If you need anymore advice, especially about EDs and SI, feel free to message me.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Sad back again to this. Criticizing myself a lot today. i definately need to exercize more and eat less. I look terrible Sad

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Sweetheart, you can never look terrible.
God make you in his image!

Just... Message me, and if you MUST lose weight, I'll give you some healthy tips. Please note I'm no professional(:

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 pm

oh but i do Sad i look in the mirror and all i see is disgust :'(

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:37 pm

I think most girls do. I don't think I'm pretty, but I guess this is the body I'm stuck with. You've just gotta make the best of what you have-love your body.

Instead of focusing on the "bad" things, look at things that are good

Do you have...

-A pretty smile?
-Pretty eyes?
-Curves? I personally would rather be full figured than a stick figure.
-Pretty hair?

Just focus on the good things.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 am

i have none of that Sad
literally, my smile is crappy, eyes arent good, curves, i have none and i hate my hair, its to poofy. the only thing pretty on me is nothing :'(

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:58 am

Nonsense!

Everyones eyes are pretty, and if you don't like your teeth... And you have the money.. Get braces. Or, if it that thre not write enough, get them whitened.
My skin is oily, and I have tons of pimples, but everyone beautiful in their own different ways.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Scripture tells us we are made in the image of God, that doesn’t mean that God is 5’10” has blonde hair and blue eyes. It means that humanity was made in order to enjoy life and fellowship with not only one another but also with their Creator. God didn’t create us in order to watch us hurt and destroy one another. He wants us to live!

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:56 pm

I agree with Dawn<3

You're a beautiful creation of god, whether your eyes are blue or brown, your hair is black or blonde, and you're 5 feet tall or 3 feet.
God created us all equal, in his beautiful image.
We don't look all the same, but we're all the same inside.
God wants you to treat your body with respect.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:08 pm

i'm trying to tell myself that.

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Whether you're a size 5 or a size 15, you're beautiful.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 pm

thank you jessica.
i'm trying, its all hard though

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaBrooke Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:59 am

You'll get through it<3
we're praying for you.

JessicaBrooke
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum