Might Be Kind of Selfish

Go down

Might Be Kind of Selfish

Post by sarah on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:55 pm

So I've been dealing with self injury for about 8 years and my parents found out through my university this spring. Well when they found out they sent me to a psych ward for a week and after that we never mentioned it even though I've still been cutting and burning for the past 3 months since I've gotten out. Today my mom saw the burn marks on my arm and was like "what happened to your arm" and all I could manage to say was "are you serious?" and she was like "what happened?" so I just said "I did it" and she said "so they're scratches from like you itching or something" and i just said "yeah, i had a bunch of mosquito bites" and she didn't say anything else. But like I said I know it's probably selfish since i did just lie to her and told her what she wanted to hear, but it really frustrates me that after everything that happened this spring my parents still act like I don't have a problem or anything and still aren't giving me the support or trying to take care of anything at all. It's just really frustrating. I mean I know in the end that it is going to come down to me fixing my own problems and making the decision and effort to end my self injury, but it would be really nice sometimes to feel like my parents were concerned.
sarah

Back to top Go down

Re: Might Be Kind of Selfish

Post by cassandra on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 pm

its good to hear that you know that its up to you to make the decision to end it.
i'm sorry that your family is being so unsupportive..my dad first found out about me 2 1/2yrs ago when he sat down with my pastor, and believed me when i said i'd stopped, even though i hadn't. and then my youth leaders sat down with both my parents about 2yrs ago when i told kim(youth leader) that i'd cut and had had some difficulty getting it to stop. for the first month or so after they found out, it was nothing but body checks, the fighting stopped, and stuff calmed down. they treated me better, expectations were lowered some not enough but some..now things are back to how they were before, and it sucks. i'm really sorry things are so tough for you. i really hope they get better
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 am

Your not selfish for wanting support from your parents. That's normal. Like Cassandra said, I'm glad you know its your own responsibility to stop though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down