Tell us about yourself!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Tell us about yourself!

Post by Raelene on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Raelene. I live in Canada and am 18 years old. I have battled depession and self ingury for most of my life. I currently have 10 months without cutting. I just recently became a Christian and accepted God into my life, so I'm still slowly learning all this. Ever since I've accepted Him into my life though I have found myself alot stronger than I used to be. So I hope its ok if I'm still new to this that I'm on this site. I really am trying to strengthen my relationship with God, and I really feel like this site will help me. Well I hope to get to know lots of new people on this site. Smile
Raelene

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/raelene.nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Welcome Raelene! We all have to start somewhere that somewhere is coming to faith in Jesus. So glad that you have made the decision in your own life to accept Him as your Lord and Savior. We are all in different areas of growth here. I hope you find this site beneficial to you in your walk with Christ and in your recovery. Smile

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny201307 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey! 10 months is awesome girl! I'm really happy you accepted Jesus! That's so exciting!
Jenny201307
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by kezzy on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Hi Raelene! Smile you have a beautiful name!

Nice to meet you Smile and I am encouraged by your faith and hunger for God! Keep seeking Him!

<3,
kez

kezzy
One on One Mentor
One on One Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor2010 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm

HI RAELENE!!! ^_^ gratz on 10 months! I am at 10 months too! ^_^
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleighJoy on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Hey Raelene! I love the name! Feel free to message anytime you need anything!
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelene on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It means alot to me. I look forward to getting to know all of you! Smile
Raelene

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/raelene.nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by hopeexists on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm Joy, Smile

I'm [obviously] new here, but I think I'll enjoy getting to know people. Smile
I'm nearly seventeen. I'm a junior in HS, although, I completed all my HS credits my sophomore year and these last two years are just dual enrollment for the most part. Smile I'm hoping to attend Cedarville University for a degree in either Physcology or Social Work. Ultimately, I want to work with teens.

I can be totally crazy and outgoing and also a complete introvert. It depends on the day. Wink I love God with all my sinful heart. He has rescued me from so much and now my goal in life is to show his glorious grace to those around me. Smile

I love school. I'm a complete nerd and a perfectionist in that regard. I love science, math, writing, and French [one day I hope to be fluent and I'm not too far off. Very Happy] I'm a competitive speech and debater, as well as a musician. (Piano for ten years, voice for four, clarinet I'm just now learning.) I adore writing music. It's definitely one of the greatest coping mechanisms I know. Smile

My life verse is Isaiah 61:1 which says, "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has called me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners"

That ^^ is basically all my life is about. Smile I guess you could say I've been through a lot and struggled with a lot. But what I'm learning is that those struggles make me who I am, and God is using them to mold me into who He wants me to be. I've learned to rest in that. Smile

hopeexists

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor2010 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Welcome Joy! I am Kelsie Smile I also have talent in music. Smile I don't play piano though. I do play the flute and i do vocal too. Smile Nice to have you here Joy! Smile
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Joy! Glad you joined us!!! Cederville is a great school and your aspirations are terrific! I like how you said "I love God with all my sinful heart". So many times we don't realize that as Christians we aren't going to be perfected until we meet Jesus, we'll always have a sinful heart but thankfully we are not bound to sin as Christians. Freedom is ours for the taking. I look forward to getting to know you better. GREAT life verse as well! Feel free to join our group on facebook as well to keep up with everyone. You can find us at this link.... https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/restoredbyloveministries/

We are like family here and we've got a GREAT group of girls from ages 12-32. You fit in perfectly! =)

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by avenged angel on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:31 pm

i levi.. thats my nickname.. ive been a member since 099.. but im not on a lot.. i thought.. i knew pain.. and then i lost my baby boy
avenged angel
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Awww Levi, I'm sorry to hear that! What happened? Losing a child is sooooo tough. Know that we are here for you hun.

Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by avenged angel on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:21 am

i dont know what happened.. i know you guys are this is a good supportive place. thank you
avenged angel
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Sort of new?

Post by square_root on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey guys, I used be on here a long long time ago (a couple of years probably). I doubt any of you remember me. I came on here with the hopes of starting from scratch and I doubt any of you remember me anyways. Because of that I thought I would re-introduce myself. My name is Kayla and I am 19 years old. I struggle with depression, self injury and self esteem. I look forward to getting to know you guys better.
square_root

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 pm

hi square_root I sent you a PM again. Feel free to post in any of the forums. Poems, songs, whatever. we would love to help in any way we can.
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Welcome Kayla!!!! I DO remember you!!!! Glad to have you back!!!! Let me know if I can help in anyway. Very Happy

Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by square_root on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks so much Steph! Smile
square_root

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

So what have you been up to Kayla?

Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum