Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cutting myself

4 posters

Go down

cutting myself Empty cutting myself

Post by LostxSoul Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:16 pm

hi...im new and all so..anyways..i cut :/ and i rly wanna stop but its hard so any suggestions on how?
LostxSoul
LostxSoul

Back to top Go down

cutting myself Empty Re: cutting myself

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Actually WANTING to stop is a huge first step! Congratulations on that! That's a very hard thing to want, and even harder to follow out.

What I've learned is that cutting isn't the issue, cutting is just the symptom. There was a reason why I first started cutting. I had to really dig through the pain and remember why I first started. What was in my mind that very first time? What pushed me to hurt myself?

After figuring that part out, then I had to work through that. The shame, the guilt, the tears, the anger, frustration... everything.

At times I gave up and went back because the pain of working through it was too much.

But, I could spend a few months working through that pain, the why behind the what, and then lead a happy life where I could concentrate on God and His plan for me instead of my pain.

I went to Mercy Ministries because I KNEW I couldn't do it on my own, and secular treatment didn't help me at all. That was my first big step.

But, wanting to recover is the first step.

Reaching out is also a great step. Have other people you trust, and who have your best interest in mind, help keep you accountable.

And, always keep your eyes on God. Always.

Back to top Go down

Post by GodsBabyGirl Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Kerry kinda took everything I was going to say. Haha. Keep your eyes on God. Get into His Word. It'll change your life. I'm here if you want to talk.
GodsBabyGirl
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Ditto ^^^
Please know I am praying for you kerry
(((Hugs)))

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyclaudette Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 pm

I agree, admitting that you want to stop is a huge step in the right direction Smile
I echo everything that Kerry said.
If you ever want to talk more, just let me know. It's nice to "meet" you. I'm Claudia, by the way.

ladyclaudette
One on One Mentor
One on One Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum