What happenes in the years after

Go down

What happenes in the years after Empty What happenes in the years after

Post by Beauitful Disgrace on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

Ive hit the year mark a little over a month ago while i feel im not triggered by as many things but the things that still trigger me trigger me really bad. Im trying to find some info about the years later.What happens as the years of freedom pass by? How will or will self injury effect your life until the day you go home? Ive tried looking around the net to see if i can find any info that will somewhat help answer my questions and ive came up with nothing.Its depressing.What are you ladies thoughts about this?

Back to top Go down

What happenes in the years after Empty Re: What happenes in the years after

Post by Jenna09 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 am

Well I made it a long time..not quite a year I don't think, but close and then messed up again. So I'm back on the road to getting to a year lol. But for me, it was kind of the same. Even now, though it hasn't been a year, I'm not triggered by everything. But like you said the things that trigger me the most are hard. SI is just like any other addiction, really. Once you stop doing it, you still feel like you just HAVE to do it sometimes, you know? I am just taking it one day at a time. There are some days, even weeks, where I'm great and even when stuff is really crappy, I feel positive and SI never crosses my mind. But then there are days like today and the past week or so where I'm like, "dang!! why bother?" So today, I've been constantly texting one of my friends and she knows what this is like. And I've been reading the Bible a lot and praying...that's the ultimate key to staying away from it. So yeah, I think that it will still bother us sometimes, especially at first. My friend that I mentioned earlier is 4 years SI free...which is AMAZING!! And she says that she wakes up some mornings and is like, "screw it there was no point in me stopping." But she says that it's all about taking her thoughts captive, like it says in II Corinthians 10:5. She has to deliberately tell herself that SI is bondage, and will not make her feel better in the long run. Um, so yeah. I think that the thoughts will never truly disappear from our lives, but I know that someday, I won't think about it nearly as much. I remember when I hadn't done it for a while that I hardly ever thought about it, unless a friend asked me how I was doing with it. Or if I was wearing a TWLOHA shirt and someone asked me what it was. And even then, it wasn't a thought like, "oh I really need to do it.."

But since we went through it, I can't see how we would completely forget it. I know that God puts us through things, anything really, so that we can learn to trust Him fully, grow in our faith, and eventually help others going through the same thing. So if He let us struggle with SI or an ED or drinking, smoking, whatever, and then let us just plain forget about it after overcoming, what was the point in the fight? Its all about trust and taking our thoughts captive. Thinking of things that are excellent and praisworthy even if we want to think about SI first, because God is there to help us and won't let us endure something we can't handle.

I don't know, I hope that makes sense. I feel like I'm on a rambling streak today Wink But I think the moral of my little story there was that we can't let SI affect us in a negative way. Only positively. We should be thinking of how great our God is to redeem us of our sin even when we don't deserve it. Freedom is a positive thing. So we can use our redemption story to help further His Kingdom by maybe walking through someone who's going through a similar fight that you've gone through. OK I'm done.

clown okay, can I just say...when I was on SoundPost (BarlowGirl's old forum) they had a clown smiley that's head spun like clockwise. SO CREEPY! And when I saw this, I just had to let you know...now I'm done Wink
Jenna09
Jenna09
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am

I think once I really got the Word of God hidden in my heart and replaced God in my heart with the thoughts of satan was really when I started living and not just coping in Freedom. Look into resources regarding Freedom in Christ and replacing negative thoughts. I’ve learned how important thoughts and words are and how to replace the negative with positive. Also look into how to pursue your passions because you have a pursue and it's already planned and designed out for you, it's really awe inspiring to think about!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

hey there, good question!

well, im living without cutting for 2 years and a month now, and im okay.. im still triggered sometimes but to me it gets easier to say "no i dont need that and if i cut now it will just make me know im a sinner and i already know that!" so what i do when i feel like i realy wanna cut is talk to the devil bout how weak he is.. and i laugh at him.

but the first year was the hardest for me.

i think that when you stay close to God and try to get to know Him for who He realy is, youll learn and see that cutting isnt a part of you anymore.. sin isnt a part of who you are, when you are in Christ. thats a big deal for me, and its a proces.. everything in life is a proces and some take a long time..

most important is to stay close to the Lord, and get to know Him, and be like Him more and more. For me, things have worked out in a way id never ever expected! in a good way.. its almost unbelievable but i think God wants to work in our hearts and change our lifes more than we can think of!

ooh btw, when i told my dad about SI, that realy changed things too. i was filled with shame, but after i told Him (with Gods help- i couldnt even do that on my own haha) that feeling faded away.

i hope this helps you and i hope youll find the answers you are looking for.
& good job on the year mark!
Lina
Lina
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down