Phantom (Catriona)

Go down

Phantom (Catriona)

Post by Phantom93 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Knew I'd end up doing this. Post on a forum then stay up late waiting for replies... Typ-ical

How are yous all anyway?? Long time no see...
Phantom93

http://phantom93.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom (Catriona)

Post by Jenny201307 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 pm

Hey! I tend to do the same when I'm online! I don't think we've met. I'm Iva. I'm a bit (completely) obsessed with band (especially marching), dance classes (even though I was pulled from dance unwillingly because of the crap going on right now), and reading. What are your interests??
Jenny201307
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey there Catriona!!! Laughing Hope you are well! It's good to finally see your face!!!

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom93 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 am

Hello!

Steph: I'm doing great thanks, working for the church has really helped me grow in faith and find the healing that comes with it. And I'm seeing more and more why God has let me go through stuff. Glad you like the photo - finally got round to putting it up lol.

Iva - good to meet you! I love music too, my latest enterprise being the bagpipes. I'm a little confused about the concept of 'band' though - i suspect its a bit different in your neck of the woods? Hope to see you around the forums =)
Phantom93

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny201307 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Well, marching band is when a bunch of high school students (and 8th graders for our school) get together and play a specific instrument and walk (sort of a walk) down a field and do formations. My band does a dance too that's always awesome! Wink Our band is small, ringing in at 34 people and 10 members of the flag Corp., so 44 I guess. I play the baritone (kind of like a trumpet on steroids and low brass instead of high.), but we have melaphones, trumpets, tubas, quads, cymbals, snare drums, bass drums, and 4 clarinets. The clarinets will play melephone next year though. You're only allowed to march 1 year with a woodwind instrument before you switch to brass because we need the volume. We have the volume of a 150 piece band and we have to keep it that way because all the other schools have larger bands, except for 2.
I think it would be awesome to play the bagpipes!! I love Celtic music and I do Irish step dancing. It gives me an excuse to listen to the music more! Wink
Jenny201307
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom93 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:34 am

Sounds cool - almost quite military?
I work in a music shop and we sold a baritone not so long ago (rare occurrance over here) - looked a bit like a euphonium to me. Or am I thinking of something else entirely?

Sorry for the long absence btw, I've been at a Christian conference in Wales (New Word Alive) last week. It was really encouraging, and I'd reccommend it to you all - except it's even more of a trek for you than it was for me! Might write more about it elsewhere. I have, however, brought home a streaming cold as a souvenir... Sad

Phantom93

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny201307 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:53 am

Band is kind of military-like, especially with my band director. Last year, this one rookie had to run 10 laps or 2 1/2 miles in one day! I made him run 2 for mouthing off to me, but our band director made him run 8 for mouthing off to him. I think the lid did more running than marching. And it's a lap for every minute you're late. And a baritone is like a euphonium. They aren't very popular, but it's my baby.
that sounds awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I would love to here about it more. You should definitely post elsewhere or PM me about it. Smile I hope you get over your cold soon! That's the only downfall to travel. It's easy to pick up a bug.
Jenny201307
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom93 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Wow, that's hardcore. Running and band definitely don't go together in my experience!

The conference was so good, I went with my youth group for the last time Sad (I'm too old next year) and even just having that company for a whole week was wonderful. And that's before you even think about the teaching. Will write something somewhere once I've processed it all - it's so intense that it takes a while just to go through your notes and pray through the stuff you've been learning.

Anyone else been up to much of late?
Phantom93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down