Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thought ~Trigger Warning~

2 posters

Go down

Random Thought ~Trigger Warning~ Empty Random Thought ~Trigger Warning~

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Please be safe reading this .. Im not tring to up set any one

I know suicide is wrong and I know why it is wrong. But lately I have had this thought. When someone dies a lot of time people will at some point say that it must have been their time to die. I believe that the only person that can take you out of this world is God.We see all kinds of things happen to people and think how are they still alive or on the other hand thing how can something so minor kill some one.My thought is when someone kills them self it has to be their time right since God is the one that picks when die. I dont know.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Random Thought ~Trigger Warning~ Empty Re: Random Thought ~Trigger Warning~

Post by Steph Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi Morgan,
These are my thoughts...

Suicide is not something that God desires. Yes it is true that God is Sovereign and in control of all. However, he sometimes gives us over to our sinful desires and I believe that is the case with suicide. I believe that there are times when God gives people over to their sinful desires and suicide falls into that category. Those that survive suicide attempts, it is only by God's grace that their lives were spared.

A great passage to read is Nehemiah 9...it talks about how God dealt with Israel. God handed them over to their enemies because they had hardened there hearts toward him and yet He also showed them compassion time and time again.

You can also check out Psalm 81 which speaks of the same thing...God's dealings with Israel and his compassion for them.

Romans 1:18-32 talks about how when we are disobedient and keep on in our sinful ways God gives us over to our sin. But he always longs for us to repent and return to Him.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this topic. So feel free to share.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 pm

well i dont think its in gods will that someone commits suicide nd dies...
god can give you choices but he cant make them for u you have a choice to live or die nd sometimes people choose to die nd unfortunatly gods not going to Zap you or anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum