Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a thought (not sure where to put this)

2 posters

Go down

just a thought (not sure where to put this) Empty just a thought (not sure where to put this)

Post by cassandra Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 pm

ok, so i've recently been thinking about different things involving judgements--those i judge, and when i notice others judging other people or me. i didn't really think about it, until this semester started this past august. what made me start thinking about this is the simple--one of the girls in my class appears to judge random people as they walk past while we're waiting in the hallway for the class before ours to get out so we can go in. she gives odd stares that say "what in the world?" or something similar to that, when someone that's different from her walks by. for example, there's a guy who used to walk by and even sit at one of the tables and have his lunch, but now he doesn't anymore, and i have to wonder--is it b/c he felt judged? i have to wonder because he wore "gothic" type jackets, and shirts that said stuff like "disturbed" and marilyn manson t-shirts and just outfits like that. she gave him those looks. she giggles under her breath whenever a guy leaves with his rolling bookbag, and moves his head strangely all the time, which makes me think he can't control it, so he shouldn't be judged for it. she's judged me before, just because i like to wear my jacket all the time, she never says hey, just gives me those same looks. some of her closest friends in class act the same way. she claims to be a strong christian, but her lifestyle doesn't show it. i'm not saying she's not--that's between her and God. however what is she saying to non-christians who are searching? i know that if i was one of them, i'd have to say "that's how a christian's supposed to act? i don't want any of what they have".
i have also been thinking about who i've judged recently, primarily customers at work, especially those who are nothing but plain rude. i've realized that when i'm judging others, then they can't see God in me, and i don't want that--i want them to see God in me! i'm working on it, and am doing my best to judge less and less. and yes, i realize that i've judged the girl i've described above.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

just a thought (not sure where to put this) Empty Re: just a thought (not sure where to put this)

Post by Steph Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us Cassandra. It's so important that as Christians we constantly strive to be like Christ. And judging others is definately not like Christ. I think so many times we aren't even aware of the sin in our lives. That is part of growing in our relationship with Christ. We have to be able to be so immersed in His Word and in constant communion with Him that the Holy Spirit helps us to recognize our sin on the spot so that we can repent of it right then and there. I find that when I'm not living in a way that pleases God, then I begin to not recognize my sin for what it is sin. But when I'm living in His Word and sticking close to my Jesus, my sin grieves me and makes me sick which spurs me onto repentance. That's what the whole process of sanctification (being made holy) is all about. The thing to remember about sanctification also is that its a progressive thing, it is each and every day striving to live in harmony with the Lord and each day we do that we become more like Christ.

Just some thoughts! I love you
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

just a thought (not sure where to put this) Empty Re: just a thought (not sure where to put this)

Post by cassandra Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:51 pm

thanks for those thoughts steph
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum