Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin Awareness Ribbon

3 posters

Go down

Sin Awareness Ribbon Empty Sin Awareness Ribbon

Post by Steph Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Posted this on my facebook today and thought I'd share here as well.

I was thinking today...with all the awareness ribbons out there why isn't there a "Sin awareness" ribbon???? We need to stop comparing ourselves to other sinners in an effort to make our sin look less sinful and compare ourselves to only one standard, a Holy God.

Romans 3:9-18.

Most of our problems in this life are caused by failing to recognize our sinfulness and not fearing the Lord. Fear not meaning afraid, fear meaning respect. We fail to acknowledge God for who He is. He is Holy. Holy can't live with sin. Yet grace brought us Jesus who stands in the gap for us! I challenge you to be mindful of God's Holiness today. If we really understood His holiness and lived in awe, fearing Him. Cutting wouldn't be an issue, eating disorders wouldn't be an issue, drug abuse wouldn't be an issue, people pleasing behavior wouldn't be an issue. The list goes on and on. If you really want freedom, fear a Holy God, put off the old, put on the new and be transformed!

Ladies, you have to want to change. You have to be willing to put in the effort and commit. My fear is that so many of you just want to talk about what you are struggling with and you have lost hope so you don't want to do anything about the issue! You can do something about what you are struggling with and this is it!! Change just doesn't happen. RBL isn't just so girls can get together and talk about their problems. Ultimately it's about gaining support as you work toward changing those behaviors that you are struggling with. My fear is that many of you are just staying stagnant. Please don't! Do something about your situation, get in the Word and live it out!
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Sin Awareness Ribbon Empty Re: Sin Awareness Ribbon

Post by GodsBabyGirl Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 pm

I keep looking for the "Like" button around here. Haha. Thank you for posting this, Steph. I love it and it's so true Smile
GodsBabyGirl
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Also looking for the like button hehe
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down