Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University

2 posters

Go down

University Empty University

Post by Ally Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:39 pm

I just got my university offer, I got my first choice, bachelor of psychological science. Ive wwnted be become a psych for the longest time & knew that I want to go on to do my doctorett of clinical psychology. however, now I'm not so sure. I was to be a psych nurse, a social worker, a youth work & an OT too. I don't know if I can do this, I have at least 8 years of getting better as well as study while undertaking these degrees but still. Was it the wrong choice? Should I have looked further.. ? What if its not right?
Ally
Ally
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

https://www.facebook.com/allyboo

Back to top Go down

University Empty Re: University

Post by Krystal Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Do as your heart says. If you want to be a pyschologist then don't let anyone stop you. I have wanted to be a Social Worker for as long as I can remember but I knew I'd never be able to afford Unversity so I decided on CYW-Child and Youth Worker. I nearly got stopped from being a cyw after my last SI attempt back in Nov. But my counselor and OT realized that I am not letting anyone change my mind about cyw. They were thinking lets put Krystal in ECE or EA and I was like NO CYW or nothing. so I am heading back to cyw in september. just go as ur heart tells you. Also it depends on what age group you want to work with. If its small children then Early Childhood Educator or Educator's Assistant is a good choice but if you want teens and troubled teens then child and youth worker is better. and also you can go into Clinical Child Pyschologist if you wanted to. Also depends on your $ situation. Just dont give up on your dream that is all im saying.
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 pm

I have no idea what those jobs are, we don't have them here. but thanks, I can see ur main point.
I dont have to worry about money, the government gives every Australian citizan that wants it up to $80,000 to study and once u start earning a certain amount, you start paying them back slowly.
Ally
Ally
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

https://www.facebook.com/allyboo

Back to top Go down

University Empty sorry

Post by Krystal Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm

sorry I never responded to this until now But Cyw is a child and youth worker. An ECE is Early childhood Educator.It's an extra assistant in lower grades such as Kindergraten classes and/or grade 1. An EA is an educator assistant. Who helps kids with disabilites. Those teachers help kids be in a normal class but they just get extra assistance within the classroom. Follow your heart. My hopes might be crushed if I am not reaccepted into the Child and Youth Program for the Fall. I will just have to wait and see.
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum