Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Freedom and Recovery?

4 posters

Go down

What is Freedom and Recovery?  Empty What is Freedom and Recovery?

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

I was just setting here and out of know where this question was laid on my heart, What is freedom and recovery to you? My biggest step into freemdom was throwing my blades away. Al so every day my freedom is becoming more because with each passing day I am gaining more days of being safe and unharmed. Today I looked and I have made it 18 months and some many days while I am very happy about that my biggest joy came from not wearing my wrist band. I have been weaing a wrist band almost every days since 10th grade and I wear one some before that but since the beginging of the year I have been interning at a school and since I washed my hands what seemed to be a millon times a day I stoppped wearing my band because it would get wet and uncomfortable. I was really scared about it because I didnt want the people I was working with to think I was crazy or anything but they never said anything. Now that I am no longer interning (it was for a class and the class is over now) I am finding that wearing my wrist band is uncomfortable and have been wearing it less and less at home. To me this is a big step in my recovery. Now I ask all of you the same question .. What is Freedom and Recovery for you?
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

What is Freedom and Recovery?  Empty Re: What is Freedom and Recovery?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Freedom to me is having a heart transformation. And that comes from the love of Christ. There is no chance that the ED is tagging along behind... it's gone! I'm free. I believe freedom is freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Freedom to me is knowing that through Christ I can overcome. I do not have to live enslaved to self harm, the memories of abuse, or anything else that might try to overtake me. Because of Christ's death and my salvation through Him, He gives me the power to overcome. He gives joy when all seems hopeless. He gives me peace. Recovery is growing in freedom. It's growing with Christ each day. It's being transformed by the love of Christ to the point of being restored and renewed. It is coming to the realization that God loves you with an unending love. It is not being controlled by sin.

Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Id like to add to mine that I didnt do any of this that GOD did it all. Without Him I would have already been dead and living in Hell and I dont mean Hell MI.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna09 Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 pm

for me freedom is being able to wear a t shirt and not be embarassed or cautious of who sees my scars. and not cutting where its not visible. also its being able to live in my circumstances and not be as affected by them you know? havent quite got all that down yet, but i'm working on it..
Jenna09
Jenna09
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:42 pm

We are all a work in progress Jenna! Keep surrendering to the Lord! Love you girl! You can do this with the help of the Lord! I love you
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GodsBabyGirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:04 am

To me, freedom is knowing that I can overcome anything through Christ Jesus, and not be terrified to wear short sleeves or share my story. Recovery is growing in freedom, growing in Christ.
GodsBabyGirl
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum