Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depressed again.. :(

2 posters

Go down

Depressed again.. :( Empty Depressed again.. :(

Post by Manders331 Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I have been doing so good for so long with my depression..Ive been on meds and those have helped and I've just been happier for a long time....but now I'm getting depressed again...and its getting bad..I have no motivation to do anything..not even my homework and I love school and especially the class I'm in..I've been in the process of getting off one of my meds...its a mood stabolizer and its supposed to help with the antidepressant I'm on..getting off that has been fine...but I just ran out of my antidepressant yesterday and so I havent taken it for two days...and now I'm just more depressed..Its just annoying cause I don't want to rely on meds anymore..I want to be done with them..I don't want to live on them anymore...but my body is just so used to them that now getting off of them makes me more depressed...I don't think its just the meds..its other stuff going on mostly..but I think the meds play a small part in it..idk..I don't really know what to do right now..its just really hard right now..And I'm just so tired of everything right now..
Manders331
Manders331
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Depressed again.. :( Empty Re: Depressed again.. :(

Post by Steph Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Hey girl, sometimes meds are necessary. I know what it is like to not want to take them because I'm the same exactly way. A while back I weened myself almost off of Zoloft, and then life hit with a vengence and I was struggling with depression. I conceeded and decided that right now was not the right time to try to get off the meds. My doctor increased them back up to what they were before and I've been fine ever since. I look at it this way, yes, I want to be able to speak God's promises and truth to myself in the hard times, and I want to trust Him, however, meds can be used in adjunct to that. Hear me out, I think today's society relies way to heavily on depression medication and not enough on their heart attitude and renewing their mind like the Bible speaks of. But I think that there are some circumstances that they are necessary. Let me ask you this, have you ever gotten your thyroid checked out. Sometimes depression is caused by your thyroid not being in balance and the better treatment for that is not depression meds but thyroid meds. It's something to look into.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Manders331 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah I understand what you are saying..But I actually think thats its not that much of the meds...the meds just didnt help the depression since I got off them..cause I was already getting depressed being on them still..cause there is just so much going on right now..but yeah I think I have gotten my thyroid checked awhile ago..but not recently..but I cant go to the doctor for awhile cause I don't have insurance yet up here.
Manders331
Manders331
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum