Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some more tips for walking out the Freedom Walk!

Go down

Some more tips for walking out the Freedom Walk! Empty Some more tips for walking out the Freedom Walk!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Positive Principles That Will Enable You

1. Focus your attention on Jesus Christ.

His Blood is the most powerful protection in the universe. Moreover, Jesus Christ came and shed His Very Blood because He loves you. Confess the fact that He loves you and repeat the following prayer every morning, both in your heart and out loud. "Lord, I cover my mind, my emotions, my body, my soul and spirit with the precious Blood of Jesus Christ." Talk to Jesus through out every day, sharing the good things and the bad with Him. You can be sure He will not leave you. "They overcame him (Satan) by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;" (Rev 12:11 NIV).

2. Allow the Holy Spirit to have his way with you.

Pray through out the day. Let the Holy Spirit show you negative attitudes, habits, feelings and behavior that need to be changed. The Holy Spirit is God's power given in order for you to become like Jesus Christ. He will show you things through the Bible, through other people, and through your experiences. "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Eph 6:18 NIV). "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak of His Own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come." (John 16:13 NIV).

3. Immerse yourself in the Scriptures.

The Bible is the written Word of God. The Word of God is a living thing that works in us even when we may not understand or comprehend fully what we are reading. Read as much as you can but not less than five chapters from the New Testament Gospels each day. If your mental state makes this impossible, then, until the Lord has healed your mind further, concentrate of memorizing a verse from Scripture each day, constantly repeating it to yourself. Select verse that seem to apply to you and you may begin with some verse quoted in this article. "If you hold to My teachings, you really are my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31,31 NIV).

4. Command the devil and demon powers, in the name of Jesus Christ, to go away and leave you alone.

Make it clear that you intend to follow Jesus Christ no matter what. Above all, do not argue with the enemy and entertain his thoughts because you can not beat him that way. Instead, clear your mind by gently praising Jesus Christ. "Submit yourself, then, to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7 NIV).

5. Hang on to other Christians.

The Christian walk is not a solo performance. You will need other people in the Christian Fellowship to support you and edify your faith. This is nothing to be ashamed of but rather is God's preferred way. Jesus Christ ministers through His Body. "Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." (Gal 6:2 NIV).

Resources provided from: Rev. Bruce Jenkins at http://dondickerman.net/id64.html[i]

Back to top Go down