Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Spirit

5 posters

Go down

Holy Spirit Empty Holy Spirit

Post by sarah Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:09 am

Hey girls! I was just wondering what everyone's beliefs/thoughts are on the Holy Spirit and how He works today. It's something I'm pretty unfamiliar with and I'm doing some personal study on, but I would like your opinions too. Thanks!
sarah
sarah

Back to top Go down

Holy Spirit Empty Re: Holy Spirit

Post by ladyclaudette Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:11 am

Hey Smile
My beliefs on the Holy Spirit are...quite long and really extensive. I'd suggest reading "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. As well as looking at bible verse that talk about Him.
I think the Holy Spirit is our comforter and guide. He leads us in the ways we should go and helps us to be more like Jesus. A lot of churches these days focus on intellect or talent, but not on being spirit-filled and supernatural. The Holy Spirit is a major part of Christianity that sets us apart from other religions. He gives us true power in Jesus' name. Smile
Read Acts!

ladyclaudette
One on One Mentor
One on One Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:33 am

I recently wrote a paper on The Confessions of St Augustine for a seminary class and he refers to the Holy Spirit as the one that does the forming of us, he's the assister in a sense. The action of the Holy Spirit, however, is more hidden, more mysterious, and for that reason less known, and less frequently the object of theological reflection. The Holy Spirit is the impatient desire of the Father’s glory that human beings should live.

Back to top Go down

Holy Spirit Empty Just my thoughts

Post by Phantom93 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:25 pm

God has always been with His people. In the beginning, He walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. After the Exodus, He came to meet with the Israelites in the tabernacle, and later the temple. Then He came to walk among people in the form of Jesus. Now that Jesus has ascended, God's way of being with His people is through the presence of the Holy Spirit in believers. The Holy Spirit is fully God just as Jesus is fully God, and has the role of helping and guiding us, providing us with strength and helping us to pray.

At least, that's my reckoning in a very brief nutshell.
Phantom93
Phantom93

http://phantom93.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:01 pm

i like this question, i want to know more bout Gods Spirit too..

i can tell you a few things:
- the Holy Spirit is a Person. He is God. He has a will and feelings etc. in the bible He is been descriped as a woman (more than Jesus or God the father). for example in Proverbs 8.
- the Holy spirit always wants to Glorify Jesus, just like Jesus always wanted to glorify God the father. heres a quote from someone (i forgot his name Embarassed ) : "the Father speaks, the Son does what the Father spoke and the Holy Spirit works out in our lifes what the Father spoke and the Son did. (im not sure if my translation is the best but hope you like it) i personnaly think that He will glorify God by healing people and stuff like that.
- Jesus wants us to know the Holy Spirit.
- in Job 33:4 the bible tells that the Holy Spirit made us. Very Happy yay.

so thats what i got so far, hope it helps..
Lina
Lina
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:01 pm

The Holy Spirit convicts us.
The HS intercedes for us through prayer- Romans 8:25-27
HS indwells the believer therefore it is impossible when indwelt by the HS to be indwelt by a demon. Though Satan's army can tempt and influence the believer but can not dwell within the believer. - 1 Cor. 6:19, Eph. 1:12-14
The HS guides the believer.
The HS is our advocate and teacher - John 15:26
The HS is an avenue for God's love to be poured out on us - Romans 5:5
The HS gives hope, peace and joy - Romans 15:13, 1 Thess. 1:6
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:47 pm

If you are interested in studying more about the Holy Spirit. I've heard the book "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan is a good one. I have not read it personally yet but plan on it.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down