Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He IS Forever Holy

2 posters

Go down

He IS Forever Holy Empty He IS Forever Holy

Post by cassandra Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 pm

A favorite song that is sung frequently in youth is "Forever Holy" by The Glorious Unseen
Pay attention to these lyrics
"God, You stand when ALL has fallen
You embrace the long forgotten
I guess its just hard to believe
The grace You've poured out on me
I guess I'm just starting to see
How You're working in me...
God, You hold when ALL is breaking
You restore the tired and aching
I guess I'm just starting to see
How You're working in me"
The chorus goes into Him being forever holy, and He IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE FOREVER HOLY! That's why He's God. That's why He's able to save us, to rescue us, to free us, to restore us. We are His and He is ours. He wants us to be able to taste and see that He is good. We can't do that UNTIL we realize all that He can and does do for us ALL THE TIME, even when we don't see it. Think about it, who has He placed into your life who has a positve influence on you and loves you no matter what? Of course God does. But who else? If you say that there's no one in your life like that, think about this group. I know for me, I have this group, my most awesome youth pastor who's stuck by me through thick and and thin when I first started talking to her six or seven months ago. I also have my pastor, though I don't talk to him very much, in fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I've talked to him, but he knows about the cutting, because he sat down and talked to my youth pastor and me and me last summer. He gives a smile and gentle touch on the shoulder that says, "you're not alone. i'm here for you if you need to talk. i support you." and just little things like that. even though my friends in youth group don't know about the cutting, they can tell for the most part if i'm having a bad day, and say stuff like "are you ok? are you sure?" and stuff like that, that just says, "we love you." my youth pastor's hugs are the best things ever! honestly, it'd be hard to find hugs even better. she'll squeeze a smile outta you with her hugs, and she won't leave you until you're done saying what you have to say, and she listens. its clear she wants to know what i have to say. some of you may not have support like that, and for those of you who don't, remember God and this group. for those of you who do, remember to thank God every single day for those He's put in your life.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

He IS Forever Holy Empty Re: He IS Forever Holy

Post by Steph Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Awesome song! Goes with the message my pastor preached today at church. Thanks for sharing it. I think alot of times we forget or choose to not acknowledge the holiness of God. We refuse to acknowledge it by continuing to sin even when we know what we are doing is wrong.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 pm

that is so very true.
what's amazing though, is that what God expects from us is to rely on Him, its like my pastor said this morning, surrender our all to Him, and He'll do the rest. Sure we have to work on it, and the battle won't be an easy one to win, but God already won the ultimate battle 2000 years ago, and so, all He wants from us is to worship Him for not only what He's done, but for who He is, and to do our best to live for Him everyday.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down