Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overcoming Fear

Go down

Overcoming Fear Empty Overcoming Fear

Post by Steph Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Overcoming Fear

Deut. 31:6 - Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. (NKJV)
What does God instruct us to do? Be strong and courageous and don’t be afraid
Why shouldn’t we be afraid? As a believer the Lord goes with us and won’t leave us or forsake us

Psalm 27:1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (NKJV)
Who is God to the believer? Our light (he goes before us) and salvation (he provides a way of escape and safety)
Why shouldn’t we fear? The Lord is the strength of our lives

Psalm 56:3-4 – “When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” (NIV)
What are we commanded to do when we are afraid? Trust in the Lord and praise Him

Isaiah 41:10 – “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (NIV)
What does God instruct us to do? Do not fear or be dismayed
Why should we not fear? God is God and He is with us. He will strengthen and help us and hold onto us

John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (NIV)
What does God give to those who trust in Him? Peace
What does God instruct us to do? Don’t let our hearts be troubled or be afraid

Philippians 4:6-7 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (NIV)
What does God instruct us to do? Don’t be anxious or afraid
What are we instructed to do instead of being afraid? Pray and give thanks
What will happen if we pray and praise instead of fearing? We will have peace in the Lord

2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (NLT)
What has God not given us? Spirit of fear
What has God given us to replace fear? Power, love and self discipline

Hebrews 13:5-6 – “For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (NKJV)
What does God promise in this passage? He won’t leave us or forsake us
What can we say in response to fear that comes up in our lives? “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.”
Is fear then a choice? YES!
Can we choose not to be afraid? YES!

(This list is not an exhaustive one, there are many more within Scripture. I challenge you to search out for yourself in God’s Word about what God says about how to overcome fear in your life.)
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down