Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what satan wants..a video that was sent to me

2 posters

Go down

what satan wants..a video that was sent to me Empty what satan wants..a video that was sent to me

Post by cassandra Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 am

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=0edec55cb25411422efd
here's a video that was sent to me about what satan wants for us. i've fallen for this one. i've filled my day with so much stuff that i don't have time for spending in my Bible or even much prayer, but thats about to change. in fact, i've already started to change it almost a week ago, before i saw this video by every night reading devotionals that have been sent to me in email and also read one devotional a night from one of my teen devotional books and taking notes one each one of them and then having a good prayer time. i've seen some things happen i've been praying for, and i honestly believe its because i'm trying to devote more time to God. however, after seeing this video i'm not gonna give God the last part of my day, i'm going to give Him the first part when i first wake up in the morning. i can honestly say my depression hasn't been nearly as bad as it was before i started this.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

what satan wants..a video that was sent to me Empty Re: what satan wants..a video that was sent to me

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:31 am

I really only partially agree to this video. Just because a person is busy doesn't meant they aren't devoting time to God. When I am at school, I am very busy spending time studying, socializing, and going to events. But by studying, I am working towards the fullfillment of His plan, by socializing I am spreading the love of Jesus that shows through me, and by attending events, I am developing ideas and connections to spread the Word of Christ. By most standards, I am a very very busy person, but I use my time wisely by giving a good deal of my time reading His word, praying to Him, and working on His plans for me.

Granted, I know that most people don't do this, and yes, before I realized how important it was for me to create and keep ahold of a relationship with God, I didn't do that either. But I am saying that busy doesn't equal the devil winning.

Back to top Go down

what satan wants..a video that was sent to me Empty Re: what satan wants..a video that was sent to me

Post by cassandra Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:36 am

thats true.
i was just posting that b/c many people do fall in that trap..i don't know the amount of time spent with God for each person, but i do know that it varies with everyone, and honestly, i do wish i could be more like you for the simple reason that when i do help others, i'm doing it for God but not spending time with Him..i'm helping them but not actually "with Him", if that makes any sense
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:43 am

well yes that makes a lot of sense.

I generally find that when i am serving Him in someway, He tends to remind me somehow of His love and that I should be focused on Him.

For example, a few years ago I went on an outreach to the homeless and I met this homeless man. We had bags of food bars, socks, and toiletries. We offered him some and he denied all of them. Since I was with a religious group, we brought up Jesus and asked if he knew Him. The man lit up at the mention of Jesus and kept telling us stories of how God has blessed his life, and the man was HOMELESS. That was definitely a humbling experience and reminded me that no matter my circumstances God works miracles in people's lives.

I think the trick to not falling into the "busy" trap, is not to limit yourself from being busy, but rather to look for the love of God in everything you do. You will be amazed at all the love from Him you see, that you won't be able to stop yourself from praising His Name. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 am

wow, thats an amazing story!

thanks for the advice Smile
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:00 am

Your welcome. Smile

And I agree, the story is amazing Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

It was a very good video and hit on a topic that I have been convicted about a lot lately. I wanted to point out something to you in your post Cassandra about giving God the morning instead of the evening (or something like that, not your exact words). It's important to remember that God doesn't expect just parts of us or parts of our day, He expects us to give back all of us and all of the time he has given us to glorify Him. Does that mean that we have to be reading through the bible 24/7. Not necessarily. We need to be meditating on His Word, and we need to make sure what we are filling our time with things that ultimately brings Him glory. I have a tendancy to struggle with serving serving serving, claiming that I'm doing it for Jesus, and in my heart I am, however, am I doing what God wants for me? A friend gave me a quote...however with my move, I do not know what I did with it. But the jist of it was that sometimes we fill our times with good things, like serving others, ect., but we need to constantly be evaluating, why am I doing this? Is this what God would have me to be doing right now? When I find the quote I will definately post it here because it was great and I'm very sad I can't find it. The bottom line is that we need to give Jesus our all, make sure we are meditating on His Word, and seeking His will in all things pertaining to our lives. We do have a lot of distractions especcially in the US. I have had to work at turning off the music or TV and just being still and quiet for a while and think and let God speak to me. It has been a tough thing for me to do because I have gotten accostumed to noise all the time. It's something I am working on. Very Happy
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 pm

thanks for sharing those thoughts..i hadn't thought of that..i guess i was always taught it but never actually in the way that made it stick.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum