Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's Faithful

Go down

He's Faithful Empty He's Faithful

Post by cassandra Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:47 pm

this morning, at church, our choir sang a song called "Faithful". i'm not sure who its originally by, but that doesn't really matter. what matters is the message in the song. it starts out with the word's "Faithful, faithful, faithful is our God" and repeats that phrase 4times. then goes to the part that just got to me this morning. these words i just cannot shake:
"I'm reaping the harvest God promised me
Take back what the devil stole from me
And I rejoice today for I shall recover it all" and then there are a couple more verses, but the faithful phrase and this last part was what really got me. seriously, God is faithful to us. i believe that for me, even though i still struggle almost every day with thoughts of self-harming, i'm doing much better than i was even a year ago. God is faithful to get me through whatever i face, and i've see His protection at work. if He can protect me at work with all there is that i have to face, He can protect everyone else here as well in whatever you're dealing with. i don't know about you all, but I'm determined to take back every single last inch of joy and happiness that the devil has taken from me. he can have the depression but he can't have my happiness anymore.
this morning, one of the families in our church had an AMAZING testimony. a couple months ago she was in a horrific accident. they're both ok now. BUT at the time, no one expected her to even make it to the hospital. what her husband said this morning was that when he got to the scene and saw the car, he knew it was bad. the doctors wanted to amputate her right leg, he said no, that he believed God would heal it. she has a boot on that leg but its clearly there. she was in a coma for a couple months, but woke up. the doctors told her she would never sit up, and now she's walking, not a whole lot yet with her leg still in the boot, but walking. that itself is a miracle. God was faithful to that family. and He'll be faithful to each and every one of us, as long as we lean on Him and do our best to live for Him.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down