Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasons to stop

3 posters

Go down

Reasons to stop  Empty Reasons to stop

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Some time last year while I was in counseling I put together a binder. In my binder I put a few list of distractions, my impulse control logs and other odds and end things that I thought might help me fight the ugre to harm and to in time over come it all together. It hit me today as I was looking around my binder that I did not have a list of reasons why I wanted to stop self-harming.As I started to come up with a list I thought that it would be cool to see what other peoples reasons were.So I ask why do/did you want to stop??

My reasons (the short version)~ My neices,a few friends,God,my self and my some day husband and children and the children that I will be working with

Last edited by Beauitful Disgrace on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Reasons to stop  Empty Re: Reasons to stop

Post by Steph Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

I have stopped but before I stopped I wanted to stop because I was tired of being miserable, I knew that it wasn't pleasing to God, and that I knew that it wasn't getting me anywhere worthwhile. I wanted to know the joy of the Lord, and cutting was stopping me from knowing what true joy was and total surrender to God. I also wanted to stop because I was sick of hiding from family and friends. I would not only hide my cuts and scars but my emotions. I wanted to be able to freely express myself in a healthy way.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GodsBabyGirl Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

I wanted to stop for my brother and sisters because if I was hurting myself to help cope with everything going on, then that would make it okay for them to do the same. I don't think I could live with myself if any of them were hurting themselves. Another reason is because I was tired of wearing long sleeves in warm weather. I have all these cool band t-shirts, but I couldn't wear any of them becasue I always had cuts on my arms. My last reason is because I knew that it was what was keeping me so far from God. I always knew in the back of my mind that self-injury was the wall between God and I, but it never bothered me to the point of doing something to fix it up until two or three months ago.
GodsBabyGirl
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down