Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School

+10
Lina
Krystal
guardyan_angel
Ally
FindingFaith
ladyclaudette
Beauitful Disgrace
AshleighJoy
Broken-Life
Steph
14 posters

Go down

School Empty School

Post by Steph Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Thought it'd be neat to start a post about school answering these questions....

What grade are you in?
Are you currently in school? Or when do you head back to school?
What sports or clubs are you involved in in school?

Thought this would be a fun way to get to know each other. Laughing

I'll start, I just started back to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I'm getting my Masters in Biblical Counseling. I just started my second semester there.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

School Empty Re: School

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm in 14th grade Razz (or sophomore year in college for all the normal folk).
I moving back tomorrow!!!!!! but classes don't start until the 30th for me.
So many clubs...and sports.
Intramural volleyball, basketball, softball. I play tennis for the school.
I have prison ministries, band of beauties, student senate, model UN, debate team, spanish chapel, gospel choir....thats all of those I can think of at the moment.
I have 2 jobs and 17 credit hours....which may be why I'm not on here often during the school year Razz

I'm double-majoring in Criminal Justice and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Sounds like you've got your hands full Katie!!!
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken-Life Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 pm

12 grade and school starts Wednesday

Broken-Life
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleighJoy Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Supposed to be starting my first year of college!
I am supposed to start in January
and am not involved with clubs etc!

However I am unsure if I am going to go to college in January!
AshleighJoy
AshleighJoy
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 pm

I did my first semester of college in Asheville, NC last Fall. But, icky financial situations (like my car being completely totaled) made me leave before the Spring semester.

Due to more financial situations, I won't be going at all this year, but I hope to start again in Fall of 2011. I really want to go back to Asheville for college (LOVED IT), but I am thinking I will probably go to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville because that's more than likely where I will still be working.

I want to major in either Psychology or Sociology or something of the like. I want to either be an addictions counselor or social worker. SOMETHING in that general area, but I feel I will know more when I'm actually back in school.

I am also considering online classes in the Spring... maybe. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 pm

I just stated my (hopefully) 2ed to last sem. at a two year college. I am going for early childhood edu.Im not in any clubs or sports. I plan on taking a year off (to hopefully get more set up .. own place) then going back to get a degree in social work.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyclaudette Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm going into my first year of University! I move in September 5th and start classes on the 13th.
I will be taking English, Drama, and Philosophy.
Not sure what I want to do with that yet!

ladyclaudette
One on One Mentor
One on One Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by FindingFaith Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 pm

I am a senior in college this year. I graduate in May! Smile I am doing my cross cultural trip this semester and I am doing and Individually arranged one so I will be hanging out in the deaf community for all semester while take 16 credit hours and working. I don't do any sports here but when I went to Penn State for the first 2years I played basketball. I miss it a whole lot! Oh yeah I am a Psychology major.
FindingFaith
FindingFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 am

I'm almost finished my final year of high school after being a school for 13 years, even though this year is called year 12, [our first year of primary school is called prep Wink]
Next year I'm going to university to study psychology [or doing a gap year to do a young adult bible corse] Smile
We dont have 'clubs' out here in high school.
Ally
Ally
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

https://www.facebook.com/allyboo

Back to top Go down

Post by guardyan_angel Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:38 am

I'm in Junior (3rd) year of high school. Not sure what that translates to in Brit terms. Suspect hehe. School started up three weeks ago this Thursday, for me, and already I'm moaning and groaning and anxiously awaiting year's end. I'm hoping to go for cheerleading & track and field again this year, and I'm also involved in my school's environmental club, the peer helpers group, and also the group that manages our sporting events & stuff.
Think that's pretty much it for me. Smile Looks like I'm the youngest on here so far!
guardyan_angel
guardyan_angel
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

http://www.guardyanangel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

School Empty school

Post by Krystal Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:11 pm

hmm what can i say about school. I love it and everything but its kinda of sad about this year. So on November 08th I went to talk to program coordinator about feeling depressed and Almost SI. She was concerned so she wanted me to talk to my counselor,So i did. When I came home my mom had wondered why I was out for so long and i told her everything. Then the next day I got a phonecall from my OT.because I Threatned to SI she called 911 for me and I volunteraliy went to the hospital. the next day is where school plays a huge part. I had a meeting with my OT,counsellor,me and my mom.I ended up dropping 3 major classes that I need to be a CYW. Thats why its sad. I had to leave behind my friends just because I almosted SI. In November. The last time I actually DID it was August. So thats why its been hard. I loved all my classes. Im not involved with anything in college but in Highschool I was involved in Best Buddies(Hanging out with the Disability kids) and SEED(Students Exceeding and Exploring Diversity) It's the best club ever! I loved that club it was started in my grade school by my french teacher than she got offered to teach at my High school and i joined her club again. I started in september and my college program is 3 years.

P.S having the ticker in my posts really helps. It lets me see that I can do stuff and not think about SI.
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:26 am

What grade are you in?
in the netherlands we dont realy have high school(well, the system is differant). we have primairy school (grade 1 till Cool. its for kids from the age of 4 untill about 12. and after that you go to secondairy school. (grade 1 till 6) it depends on your niveau how long youll stay in the secondairy school. im average, so i have 5 years and im in the 5th now. i hope this makes sense. i think i could translate my grade to be the 13th. the last year of my highschool. in januari ill have exams to get into an artschool. i hope ill make that.

im in a club called soundboardgroup. they dont do anything but just talking bout what the school could do better and in what kind of things we could aprove.
thats really the only club there is in my school.
about sports, all students have sports as a subject. its as important as math or englisch class. so we all do the same thing. almost every sport comes around. we did squash, fencing and badminton this year.
Lina
Lina
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

School Empty School systems

Post by Krystal Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:22 pm

In the Canadian system of schooling it is regulated by our provinical governments in Ontario my provience we have grade 1-8 which is elementry school. From Gr 9-12 It's Highschool. and then college depends on how long your program is. For Medical you can be in school for 10 years after Highschol. For Child and Youth Worker at my college it's 3 years. My cousin's program web development its only 2 year of school at my college. Once you hit college we don't say grade something. You say what year of college ur in Im a First Year Child and Youth Worker. I found an article on wikipedia for you so you may understand our schooling system better. Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_system
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Krystal, that child disability club you were involved in sounds like a great thing to be do!!!
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

School Empty clubs

Post by Krystal Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:29 pm

I use to do it but its not done at college it was done at my highschool and it was such a great program. They use to go on fieldtrips and everything. It got those kids involved in the fashion show. I was in the fashion show with them when i was in grade 10. I was in two of scenes with them. I was in the Adias scene and Bluenotes scene.
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Fri May 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Beauitful Disgrace wrote:I just stated my (hopefully) 2ed to last sem. at a two year college. I am going for early childhood edu.Im not in any clubs or sports. I plan on taking a year off (to hopefully get more set up .. own place) then going back to get a degree in social work.

Wow I just reread this and how things have changed since Ive wrote this.I didnt make the dead line for the two year college it is taking me another sem. due to some problems I ran into last sem. and the taking a year off isnt going to happen either because Im leaving 8-24 to head to IN to start college there for my masters in Social Work. That just goes to show that we can plan things all we want but not to place them in stone.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna09 Sat May 07, 2011 3:02 pm

What grade are you in?
Are you currently in school? Or when do you head back to school?

I'm not really in a grade haha....but I'll be almost a junior in college when school starts again in the fall Smile I go to Missouri Baptist University in St. Louis and I love it! I'm majoring in education...I am certifying 7-12th grade with my focus in Social Studies. I am also doing cross-catagorical studies in English (grades 7-12) and science (grades 6-Cool and I have a minor in Psychology but I might just go ahead and finish it as a double major, so I can teach it at a high school level. I am really wanting to make myself marketable!! Lol. I'm involved in Campus Ministries at my school and we plan lots of events in order to reach our campus and community for Christ. I also do Campus Crusade, but not at my school lol...and I emcee and sing sometimes at our meetings. I love being in college mostly I just hate all the homework haha
Jenna09
Jenna09
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by rippled_reflection Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 pm

I am currently working on my masters degree in mental health counseling. I have technically just finished my second year. However, I'm only going part time. So based on that, I'm actually just finishing my first year. Im not really involved in anything right now, but was in Psi Chi during my undergrad. School starts back the middle of August for us!
rippled_reflection
rippled_reflection
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny201307 Mon May 09, 2011 8:02 am

What grade are you in? I'm a sophomore in high school, but I'm graduating a year early. Very Happy
Are you currently in school? Or when do you head back to school? We get out the 27th.
What sports or clubs are you involved in in school? band, concert band, jazz band, theater/drama, FCCLA, Science Olympiad, Fellowship of Christian Students, Puzzle club (my friend signed me up....... It's actually pretty fun though), research of colleges (our school made us join a club from a list and this was the only decent one. LOL.), dance (teaching and lessons), and anything that gets me on a stage.
Jenny201307
Jenny201307
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon May 09, 2011 9:20 am

I thought about going to Missouri Baptist University in St. Louis back in 2008 when I graduated high school but at that time I was ready for a four year in many ways but I now and Im moving to IN in Aug. for a four your.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by FindingFaith Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 pm

I just graduated college on Sat. I will be staying at the same university fro grad school next year. We start back sometime in Aug. I was in Psi Chi in my undergrad and when I was at Penn State I played basketball there. (A branch campus not main) But I did not continue to play here because of knee injuries.
FindingFaith
FindingFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina Fri May 13, 2011 9:03 am

FindingFaith wrote:I just graduated college on Sat. I will be staying at the same university fro grad school next year. We start back sometime in Aug. I was in Psi Chi in my undergrad and when I was at Penn State I played basketball there. (A branch campus not main) But I did not continue to play here because of knee injuries.

congratulations!! Very Happy

im having exams next week... and im so nervous! i hope / think ill make it.. itll be alright,.

and wenn i pass il go to collage to study to become a social worker.. Very Happy
Lina
Lina
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor2010 Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Well peeps I am a returning senior as I call it cause, I have withdrawn from school last school year cause I had WAY to much stuff on my plate to handle. I kept getting hospitalized. So I voluntarily withdrew from the school. Now I am going back next week on monday!! ^_^ I will graduate at the end of December I hope. I am praying and hoping i will graduate this December and when I do I will be throwing a huge party! Cause I will be doing no one thought I would be able to do! I told everyone I am gonna graduate. Just watch.
Survivor2010
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum