Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering}

3 posters

Go down

I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering} Empty I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering}

Post by guardyan_angel Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I've never been an
alcoholic
Never struggled with the call of the
drink
Never wanted to tilt my head
back
And take a good long sip after a hard day

But something about the way the liquor
speaks
As though it offers
something
As though it leaves some things
behind
Something about the way it
calls
To the blood in your veins, makes you
ache.
want.
need
To taste its bitterness

I've never had more than
half a beer
a few cups of wine
a glass or two of sangria
In my entire life
And yet the blood red
wines
And the citrus flavored
vodkas
Call to me
Like a
never.
ending.
song.
And I want to heed its voice
And just take
one sip
guardyan_angel
guardyan_angel
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

http://www.guardyanangel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering} Empty Re: I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering}

Post by Steph Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Not sure what prompted this poem BUT be careful with alcohol, it really can have some disasterous consequences. Families are broken by it every day, people are hurt in car accidents by people who get behind the wheel drunk. I prefer DIET SODA because it allows me to keep my faculties!
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering} Empty Re: I Drink Tea As I Write This {Warning to Alcoholics, Possibly Triggering}

Post by guardyan_angel Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:33 am

Thanks Steph. I'm not too sure what happened with this either. I mean, I've never really struggled with wanting to drink before. I know I should try to avoid alcohol, because I've seen from personal experiences some of its effects, and after what happened with SI I know I'm probably susceptible to other addictions now, but the night I wrote this poem it just hit me out of the blue. 'Twas a weird night, indeed.

Anyways, I went with the tea. I'm not a big fan of soda- too much sugar, and my family has a tendency towards diabetes. But tea is nice, so long as I don't get the caffeinated stuff. Then I just get hyper and crash in a couple hours. Wink
guardyan_angel
guardyan_angel
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

http://www.guardyanangel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 pm

My uncle died when I was 14 because he was an Alcholic and my grandpa died from it just a little over a year ago. Actually 1 year and 2 days ago. I know because it was just this month. My uncle died Dec 12 2005 and my grandpa died Dec 10 2010. So December is the worst month for my family. I didnt know my uncle well because he lived so far away. But I was specialy treated by my granpa because he did yearly shopping trips for me and my other two girl cousins. He was the only one who belived my mom when she said she was having a girl. Everyone said I was going to be a boy but look how wrong they were. =) I've seen my dad and his family drunk way too often. I do like certain drinks but not that much. I haven't had a drink for at least a month and a half or maybe longer.
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum