Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang on...help is on the way!!!

Go down

Hang on...help is on the way!!! Empty Hang on...help is on the way!!!

Post by Steph Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

This is something I got from Christian Women Online...here's the link but the article is below.... http://christianwomenonline.net/2011/03/28/help-is-on-the-way/

“But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.” Psalm 71:14
“I never thought this would happen to me.”
“I just don’t know what to do anymore.”
“I’m not even sure God is listening to me.”
“That’s it, I give up. It’s hopeless!”
I have several friends going through some very tough stuff in their lives right now…major health issues, custody battles, rebellious children, legal issues, and rocky marriages to name a few. I’ve heard all of the above statements and more.
Chances are, you’ve made these statements during rough patches in your life. I know I have. Maybe you’re there right now, in the pit of despair.
God’s Word offers some tremendous encouragement. In Mark 5, a synagogue ruler named Jairus came to see Jesus. Jairus pleaded with Jesus to just come and put his hands on his daughter, who was dying. He said he knew she would be healed if Jesus would do that. Jesus agreed and they headed off to Jairus’ house.
Let me pause the story right there. Maybe you have done just as Jairus did. You have fallen at Jesus’ feet and begged him for a healing of your problem. Perhaps your faith was even strong enough to say, “I know this situation will be restored with just one touch from you, Lord!”
Let’s rejoin the story now. You see, there was a journey that Jesus and Jairus had to take. They had to walk together from the lakeside to Jairus’ house. The Bible doesn’t say how long this trek was, but on the way Jesus was continually surrounded by people who wanted and needed Him. One woman simply touched Him in faith and was miraculously healed. Jesus stopped to talk to her. I wonder how Jairus felt at this point. I imagine he was freaking out, as every minute mattered in getting Jesus to his daughter. I imagine him thinking, “Get out of our way! This crowd is annoying! And why does Jesus have to actually stop and TALK to them? UGH!”
Pause. Is this where you are? Are you on the journey with Jesus? Are you getting frustrated that everyone else seems to be getting answers to their prayers, and you feel like He just hasn’t gotten around to taking care of you yet? Let’s read on.
While Jesus is still speaking to the woman who was healed, bad news arrives. Jairus’ daughter was dead. Jairus was told there was no need to bother Jesus any more.
Pause. Maybe this is you. You believe all hope is lost. There’s no point in even talking to Jesus about it anymore.
The Scripture says Jesus ignored the news of the girl’s death. He looked Jairus in the eye and said, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” They arrived at Jairus’ house, Jesus said two words to the girl, and she was restored to health. Hmmmm, imagine that, Jesus arrived at just the right moment. Not too early, not too late.
No matter where you are on the journey with Jesus, He says the same thing to you today. Don’t be afraid, just believe. With Jesus, there is always hope.
Hang on…help is on the way!

Lisa Grant is a freelance writer and home schooling mom who resides in the La Crosse, WI area with her family. She specializes in parenting and family life articles, particularly regarding teenagers. Lisa has worked in youth ministry for 15 years and currently serves as a speaker and small group leader in her local church. In 2002, she founded PARENtEEN, a nonprofit online group designed to bridge the gap between Christian parents and their teens. Lisa has authored the teen column for Coulee Parenting Connection Magazine for the past five years. When she is not writing, Lisa enjoys spending time with her family. She and husband Dan have been married for 17 years, when they became a blended family. They have three children: Jeremy, 24, Kelsey, 20, and Emma, 13, as well as two beloved beagles, Molly and Hunter.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum