Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Articles/Blogs

Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Freedom Articles/Blogs

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Post any articles or blogs that pertain to embracing our freedom in Christ in this thread.

This is one that Dawn wants to share...

Choose to Let Go

Letting go is so hard. It isn't in our nature to "let go." When it comes to the people and things that we love, we want to hold on tight. If we ever thought they might slip away from us, we would naturally squeeze as hard as we could so they wouldn't leave us wanting. But I am learning that the harder I hold on tight, the more I hurt myself and others. The tighter I squeeze, the less breath I and those around me have. I love ... therefore I squeeze. But God is telling me to let go.

Recently I had to let go of my faithful dog, Bosquo, who had been with me for fifteen years. I didn't want to let her go. I fought it so hard. She represented to me the true meaning of unconditional love. But she had degenerated to a point that for both of us, our quality of life together was suffering. I kept squeezing; it kept getting worse. As she pushed past seventeen years old (she was 2 when I found her, abandoned in Como, Italy), I didn't want to face her demise. I refused to talk or even think about it. But when God's quiet voice told me gently that she was a gift from Him and that I could give her back to Him, I knew I would have the strength to let go.

As my sweet companion breathed her last breath, my knees buckled and my husband Shane caught me in his embrace. Immediately, her departure carved a gaping hole in my heart and I missed her. A world without her didn't seem right or fair or whole. As I cried on Shane's shoulder and he held me in his strong arms, I had this sudden picture of her arriving healthy and young and spry again in Heaven, circling my grandmother's ankles, knipping at her nylons like she did when Grandma was alive. A wash of joy and freedom and peace poured over me.

As the Word says, "if you hold on to your life, you will lose it, but if you let go of your life for me, you'll find it" (Mt 16:25, paraphrase) Hold on, lose; let go, find. It's worth saying again: hold on, lose; let go, find. When it is most natural for us to hold on tight, sometimes we have to let go. Lately I feel like God is telling me to let go of everything -- let go of your comfort zone, your loved ones, your future, your ministry, your heart, your family ... so that I can give it all back to you in much better shape than you gave to me. When we hold on to that which we could wish we could control or change, we squeeze the life out of it and wear ourselves out; but if we let go, we find freedom and peace because only God can transform a life, a body, a marriage, a ministry, a child, a future,

Our fear in letting go is that we will lose. But in God's economy, we win. Bosquo is back in much better hands now. Truly, that dog brushed death so many times on earth that it's unreal she was still sticking by my side after fifteen years. It was better that she didn't get taken by the world's cruelty, but instead I willingly gave her back. Isn't that the journey of faith? To willingly give God all our hurts and all our fears and all that we hold dear on earth? Let's not forget His hands carved the universe, dotted the sky with stars, and weave newborn babies every day. His hands raised the dead, healed the lame and gave sight to the blind. His hands create crazy things like sea turtles and killer whales and birds of paradise. His hands are quite capable of handling whatever we place in them, aren't they?

After all, you never know what might fall into our hands when they are open.

Choose to let go.

In love,
Jen

Posted by Jennifer Strickland
http://networkedblogs.com/p16254915
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Biblical Way for Dealing with Depression

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:01 pm

This is an article that I came across and I thought it might be helpful for you all who are struggling with depression.

http://www.gracenotes.info/documents/TOPICS_DOC/Depression.pdf
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Can God use me?

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey girls, I'm not sure if I posted this before but this is something I wrote back in 1999 (that would make me a senior in high school...I'm getting old! haha). Anyway, thought it might be helpful for ya'll to read.

"Do you struggle with believing that God can use you? Well, I've been struggling with that lately and for some reason I don't think I'm the only one that struggles with this. I mean, we look at a world full of sin and failer and get discouraged. We don't trust God and rely on His promises. Well, I heard this awesome saying today that rocked my world!!! It totally blew me away! "God doesn't call the qualified but qualifies the called." God know we're not perfect yet He chooses to use us for His purpose and glory! God knows we're broken, hurting people. But you know what? GOD USES BROKEN HURTING PEOPLE! Yeah, it's true, forgiven sinners can make a difference in this world. You know how I know this? Because, "God doesn't call the qualified but qualifies the called." Did you get that last part? GOD is the one who qualifies us, not that we are qualified but GOD who lives in us and He is what makes the difference!!! Not you, not me, but none other than the amazing, all powerful God. The King of the universe!!!

First of all, I hope you have the desire to be used of God and let Him shine and make a difference. Just let go of your desires and fill your heart with God's promises and His will. Live your faith!!! If you're going to live life, there is only one perfect way, LIVE (emphasis on THE) THE LIFE, YOUR LIFE IN CHRIST!!! Give it your all but realize it's ALL God! Serve God because you love Him. Serve God because you know and trust that He is the one who changes lives! God is what makes the difference!! Get fired up for Him! NO COMPROMISE!"
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty 5 Steps for Setting your Thought Life Free...

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Posted by Dawn...

5 steps to setting your thought life free-

1) gather information you're taking in from your five senses (what am I listening to?)
2) reflect (observe the patterns of your thought life)
3) journal (write down your personal reflections)
4) revisit your priorities (what are you spending your time on?)
5) do something practical (help someone else)
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Who I Am In Christ...

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Who I Am in Christ
In Christ, I am:

God's child, for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God which liveth and abideth forever.
(1 Peter 1:23).

Forgiven of all my sins and washed in the blood
(Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 9:14, Colossians 1:14, 1 John 2:12, 1 John 1:9)

A New Creature
(2 Corinthians 5:17)

The Temple of the Holy Spirit
(1 Corinthians 6:19)

Delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God's kingdom.
(Colossians 1:13)

Redeemed from the curse of the law
(1 Peter 1:18,19 Galatians 3:13)

A Saint
(Romans 1:7, 1 Corinthians 1:2, Philippians 1:1)

Blessed
(Deuteronomy 28:1-14, Galatians 3:9)

The Head and not the tail
(Deuteronomy 20:13)

Holy and without blame before Him in love.
(1 Peter 1:1, Ephesians 1:4)

Victorious
(Revelation 21:7)

Set Free
(John 8:31-33)

Strong in the Lord.
(Ephesians 6:10)

Dead to sin
(Romans 6:2,11; 1 Peter 2:24)

More than a conqueror
(Romans 8:37)

Joint heir with Christ
(Romans 8:17)

Complete in Him.
(Colossians 2:10)

Crucified with Christ
(Galatians 2:20)

Alive with Christ
(Ephesians 2:5)

Reconciled to God
(2 Corinthians 5:18)

Free from Condemnation
(Romans 8:1)

Firmly rooted, built up, established in the faith and overflowing with gratitude.
(Colossians 2:7)

Born of God, and the evil one does not touch me.
(1 John 5:18)

The Righteousness of God
(2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24)

Chosen
(1 Thessalonians 1:4; Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 2:9)

The Apple of My Father's Eye
(Deuteronomy 32:10; Psalm 17:

Healed by the stripes of Jesus.
(1 Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:6)

Being changed into His image
(2 Corinthians 3:18; Philiippians 1:6)

Raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places.
(Colossians 2:12; Ephesians 2:6)

Beloved of God
(Colossians 3:12; Romans 1:7; 1 Thessalonians 1:4)

Established to the end
(Colossians 1:

One in Christ
(John 17:21-23)

http://www.christian-faith.com/forjesus/who-i-am-in-christ#comment-form

Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Re: Freedom Articles/Blogs

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 pm

So this website is just kinda neat and simple but is full of Freedom stuff!:

http://hisprincess2007.tripod.com/cleanslate/index.html

Another website you girls might enjoy is:

www.wonderfullymade.org/

blog: http://wonderfullymadeblog.blogspot.com/

(Originally posted by Dawn)
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Outward Reflection of Inward Beauty

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Outward Reflection of Inward Beauty

Cleanser
Examine me, God, and know my heart; test me, and know my thoughts. See if there is in me any hurtful way, and lead me along the eternal way. Psalm 139:23-24

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

Create in me a clean heart, God; renew in me a resolute spirit. Psalm 51:10

Moisturizer
Oh, how good, how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in harmony. 2 It is like fragrant oil on the head that runs down over the beard, over the beard of Aharon, and flows down on the collar of his robes. Psalm 133:1-2

I pray not only for these, but also for those who will trust in me because of their word, that they may all be one. Just as you, Father, are united with me and I with you, I pray that they may be united with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. John 17:20-21

Foundation.

Listen to me, you pursuers of justice, you who seek ADONAI: consider the rock from which you were cut, the quarry from which you were dug. Isaiah 51:1

Listen, daughter! Think, pay attention! Forget your own people and your father's house, and the king will desire your beauty; for he is your lord, so honor him. Psalm 45:10-11

Blush.
And this hope does not let us down, because God's love for us has already been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Rom 5:5

Eye Makeup

The eye is the lamp of the body.' So if you have a `good eye' [that is, if you are generous] your whole body will be full of light. Matthew 6:22

Or don't you know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who lives inside you, whom you received from God? The fact is, you don't belong to yourselves. 1 Cor 6:19

Lipgloss.

Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the taste and healing for the body. Prov 16:24

They said to him, "Do you hear what they're saying?" Jesus replied, "Of course! Haven't you ever read, `From the mouth of children and infants you have prepared praise for yourself'? Matthew 21:16

Credit goes to: www.teresabennett.myarbonne.com

(Originally posted by Dawn)
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Stand in Awe

Post by Steph Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hey girls,
I posted this in the devotional blog and on the facebook page as well but I also wanted to share it here on the forums because I think it is that important for you to hear. I pray that it encourages you and challenges you, and ignites a fire within you! In this note is my heart raw and uncensensored, but more importantly in this note is God's heart, raw and uncencored.

What I'm about to share I have wrestled with for weeks. I was afraid that by sharing this, my heart would become prideful. But as I sit here and write I can sincerely testify that none of this is a result of anything I have done, or anything I will do, or anything I could even be close to capible of doing but what I have seen is all a work of God, that in God's awesome love and grace which I cannot fully understand, nor am I worthy of it, God has placed me here. As I wrestled with whether or not to share this today, I've been humbled and convicted. I am reminded that even the rocks cry out in praise to God, so how can I be silent about the awesome works that He has done in my life. (And I ask myself how could I have ever doubted Him?) How much more then should we be filled with awe at the greatness of God and tell of His glory. I think about the many people who God healed in the New Testament. I think I now see how much their hearts were ready to burst in awe struck wonder at what Christ had done in their lives. How could they be silent after encountering God Almighty?!?! That is where I stand now. I am at that place right now that if the rocks cry out in testimony of God's greatness so must I!

God has taken a broken, hurt, torn up girl and performed an awesome work of redemption, restoration and healing throughout the short 28 years of my life. I can speak with the Psalmist as He says in Psalm 18.."The cords of death encompassed me. And the torrents of ungodliness terrified me; The snares of death confronted me." That was my life. Full of torment, full of hopelessness, full of brokeness, full of disaster. But PRAISE GOD, that now I can say with the psalmist what is said later in Psalm 18, "THE LORD LIVES, AND BLESSED BY THE ROCK; AND EXALTED BE THE GOD OF MY SALVATION." He delivers, He lifts up, He rescues, He shields us, He strengthens us, He lights our way. He conquers all, He hears our cries and because of this and ONLY because of this I "give thanks to You among the nations, O Lord, and I will sing praises to Your name." What does God have to do in our lives for us to see that He is God Almighty, He is Soveriegn Lord, He is the Most High God. He had to take me to the darkest of darkness and prove Himself more times than I can count. Don't let that be You! Proclaim His work in your life to the nations, not out of selfish pride, but out of the depth of humility and praise stand in awe! Let Your heart be filled with wonder and let Him take you to heights you could never have thought up yourself! By the GRACE and MERCY of God He loves to take us to a place of complete brokenness and unworthiness to a place of staring in full view of God's awesome greatness. In Philippians 2, it speaks of God the Fathers plan and purpose for the life of Jesus the Son. God plan, His sole purpose of Jesus' self-sacrificing gift to us through the cross was "that at the name of Jesus at the name of Jesus, EVERY knee will bow, for those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of Gd the Father." His greatness extends throughout eternity! So I ask you, what is your victory story? Let's surrender it to God and let Him amaze us at how far He will take His awesome work and declare it to those around us if we will just allow Him to take the drivers seat!!!! Stand back, looking up to heaven, hands off the steering wheel, and prepare to be amazed. Stand in AWE!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about in this post, please message me here, through facebook or email me at restoredbyloveministries@yahoo.com. I would love to point you to a God who wants you to be free from all the heartache that might be happening in your life right now.

Steph
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Don't Blame God

Post by Steph Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 am

Hey girls,
I was studying today about the crucifixion of Christ and the Holy Spirit convicted me of something. Many times we can become angry with God for all the pain and suffering that we are going through, wondering why "He" doesn't put an end to it. We blame Him for our hurts. I think the anger stems from not totally seeing what God offered to us when He sent His Son to die on the cross. He has already given us all we need, He offers us freedom, He offers us peace, He offers us love, He offers us fellowship with Him, and ultimately He offers us salvation. We have no right to be angry at God when we refuse to claim what He has already given us through sending His Son on the cross. So don't blame God for not bringing you out of your misery, when you fail to realize that He already has brought you out of misery through the cross. Just what God has spoken to me about today and I wanted to share it with ya'll. Read what Christ did for you in Mark 15:22-32 and don't be like the angry mockers at the foot of the cross.

Steph
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty What Do You Need to Put Aside?

Post by Steph Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 am

Hey girls, I just wanted to share this with you. I'm also going to post it on the devo blog so if you can find it there in a few days.

Let me tell you guys, there are so many things today that we can put before our relationship with God. Anything that we feel like we can’t live without and put our dependence on or trust in more than God is an idol. Well…my blades were an idol that I held close for about 10 years of my life. I would think about it constantly, and sometimes would be so dependant on it that I would take it with me wherever I went. I was consumed by it. I put my trust in this worthless little blade. I trusted it to take away the hurt and to solve all of my life’s problems. Satan would use this little blade to convince me that if I just used it on myself and hurt myself that I would feel better, that I could escape life’s problems. Because as Satan whispered things in my ear like….you’re worthless, nobody loves you, nobody should love you, ect. I fell into the trap of temptation and sin. I decided to take matters in my own hands and punish myself. I started more and more to rely on what Satan was telling me about myself and my circumstances than on the ultimate, absolute truth God has promised us in His Word. I was sinning by trusting in something other than God and His Word. I also was disrespecting God because I was so self absorbed in my struggles and believing the lies in my mind that I failed to appreciate God’s gift through Jesus‘ blood that He shed on the cross. That blood was shed to cover my sin and yours. It didn’t need my feeble, sinful attempts at making up for the sinful person I was or the mistakes I had made. I didn’t rely on God’s love and forgiveness through the sacrifice of His only Son on the cross. In Hebrews 9 and 10 it talks about how those under the old covenant in the Old Testament would sacrifice animals as an attempt to clear them of their sin. The high priest would go into innermost part of the tabernacle for worship (the holiest of places) once a year but He would take with him the blood from a slaughtered animal as a payment for the sins of himself and for the people. But in Hebrews 9:9 it says that these sacrifices were unable to make the worshippers perfect in conscience. Meaning the blood did nothing, it didn’t take away their sin. It goes on in Hebrews 9:11 though that it is different for us because we are under a different covenant which is the new covenant which sole basis is the blood of Jesus. He is our perfect high priest, to be the payment through His blood on the cross. He died so we could be in constant personal fellowship with Him and not have to go through anyone else but Jesus to be freed from the bondage of our sin. In chapter 10:8 it says that Christ gave an ultimate sacrifice and offered us ultimate forgiveness through His death on the cross, we only need to come to Him and accept that forgiveness. Which means I didn’t need to make myself bleed through cutting to pay the penalty for my sin because Christ already did that for me through His blood on the cross. Back in Hebrews 9:14, it goes on to say after speaking of the old payment for sin through the old covenant…”How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” God offers us forgiveness for every mistake we have ever made and every mistake we will ever make, but that’s not an excuse to just go and sin, but instead, if we are truly living for the Lord we will long for that close relationship with God through Jesus. His forgiveness should draw us into a closer relationship with Him so that we serve Him with our everything. So I want you guys to think about your own lives, what do you put before God in your life that you need to put aside in order to fully be surrendered to God? Do you know what it is to have that relationship with Him? Have you accepted that you can’t pay for your sin on your own and that you need Christ? I challenge you to not to spend years of your life as I did, believing the lies of Satan instead of the infallible truth of God’s Word. Be totally surrendered to Him.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freedom Articles/Blogs Empty Re: Freedom Articles/Blogs

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down