Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He says He'll wait

2 posters

Go down

He says He'll wait  Empty He says He'll wait

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:07 am

When it comes to guys I haven’t have much luck, most of the guys that have been in my life have hurt me in one way of another until now. I have a guy friend that would love to be more than that he asks just about every time we talk if I would think about dating him. Since I’m planning on moving to go to school in a little over a month I don’t want to get into a relationship and have to either end it or do long distance (I’ll be about 5 hours away) I told him that I didn’t want to do either of them his reply “I’ll wait for you”. Wow what, why would this guy that only knows that “sane” part of me want to wait 3 maybe 4 years to be with me. That right there tells me that he really likes me but what do I want to do... RUN… I want to run and hide. Him liking me this much scares me and makes me feel uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong I like him too but I’m freaked out. If he is willing to wait for me to get done with school what happens when he finds out about my issues, what happens when he finds out I’m not that Happy go lucky girl that he likes all the time?
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

He says He'll wait  Empty Re: He says He'll wait

Post by Steph Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Hey girl, I've just had a taste of this issue myself. I started dating back in April which is my first serious relationship I've had in my life. I was very hesitant and a bit scared myself. I wondered how he'd react when I told him about my past struggles and even some current ones. To my surprise he was very understanding, didn't lay out the sympathy blanket, but just listened and accepted me for who I am regardless of what I struggle with or what I experienced in the past. I say that to say this...yes it will be scary. Anytime you get into a relationship with a guy being vulnerable is VERY scary, esp. for those of us who have issues that we battle and pasts that we'd rather not speak of. Trust is always a tough issue for those of us who've been hurt time and time again by people. BUT if you wait and find the right guy, keep to your standards you set for yourself and that God has set for you as it relates to relationships, you'll be fine. Yes it will require courage on your part but if the guy doesn't accept you for who you are, it's very possible that that guy isn't the right guy to have in your life. I think it's very noble of the guy to say that he'll wait for you. I also wanted to say that nobody is "Happy go lucky" all the time. We all have struggles we face and hard times in life that make you just want to scream. I'd bet you that the guy that you are interested in has his own battles he deals with on a daily basis, that's the result of a sin filled world. Satan is real and is out their with his army and wants to do anything to drag us away from the truth of God's Word. Scripture says that "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world." If you are a believer yourself, just make sure the guys you date are believers as well. Hope this helps.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks Steph, it was helpfully. How did you tell him about your past did you tell him everything at once or over time tell him. He has is battles to he has been in a wheelchair most of his life.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 pm

I told him over time. The hardest part was the initial talk. When you start to get to know someone and feel comfortable with them it gets easier.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum