Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line?

3 posters

Go down

Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line? Empty Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line?

Hayley DiMarco gives us some suggestions on drawing the line sexually in her book "Technical Virgin, How Far is too Far?"

She says, "Below is a list of stuff that you might one day want to do with a guy. They are kind of in a progression, from least sexual to most sexual...Have a look.

•The Double Take (this is when you oogle your guy and can't stop)
•Talking with him
•Flirting with him
•Touching his arm or leg
•Holding hands
•Touching each other's faces
•Arms around each other
•Kissing
•Touching below the neck
•etc.etc. (I'm not going any farther because I think there's plenty of space above to start drawing your line.)
So have a ponder. Where will you draw the line when it comes to guys? ...Now talk to someone about your commitment...anyone who will keep you accountable....

Here are some other things and places to avoid if you want to try to keep your line drawn right where it is:

No spending time in your room with him with the door closed.
No napping together.
No lying down together, period.
No hanging out at home alone.
No parking to "enjoy the view" or to "just talk"
No back rubs.
No drinking. (You can lose all memory of lines when you do.)
No dating nonbelievers (They won't have respect for your lines.)

These are just a few situations that can make keeping your line where you've drawn it difficult. So they're things to avoid."

Again, this is between you and God. You have to decide for yourself. But, I strongly encourage you to write down your commitment right now and then share it with at least one person to help hold you accountable and pray for you.
My commitment regarding sex and physical activity with guys before marriage is:_____________________________

Having a person like that in my life has made the difference between having a stronghold and living in freedom in this area of sexuality. I believe the prayers of my accountability partners pulled me through many difficult traps the enemy set up for me.

If you have already made poor sexual decisions and would like to get right with God - do that now. Start by making a decision to change directions and do things differently. Then, ask forgiveness from God as well as forgive yourself (we often forget that!)

I'll close with this, "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:11

www.teen-beauty-tips.com

Back to top Go down

Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line? Empty Re: Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line?

Post by stayyx3 Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:41 pm

This is really good! the guidelines and everything! I've been struggling with this a lot lately! I have my first serious boyfriend and we've gone way too far but not all the way but pretty much everything but! but I'm not a teenager anymore I'm 22 and I live in an apt by myself so what do I do with the whole no hanging out being home alone thing? do we just not go to my apartment or what? thanks for the help! I've been wondering this for a while!
stayyx3
stayyx3

Back to top Go down

Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line? Empty Re: Decision Time - Where Will You Draw Your Line?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 pm

I can only speak for myself and any relationships that I would ever engage in but I would say first you need to discuss with your boyfriend where you both feel that you need to draw the lines in your relationship in regards to purity. If you both feel that the temptation is there when you are alone in your apartment then you need to not make that an open temptation for the devil. If you both feel that you can control the temptation with guidelines, such as sitting in separate chairs, etc. Then that can be an option for both of you. Such as if he says that he feels temptation when you wear a certain shirt then you should refrain from wearing that shirt. Open communication where feelings are not going to get hurt if one of you feels that you are put in a situation where your relationship with Christ is not first and foremost at the center of your mind/thoughts. Every relationship is a communication on what you both can do to deepen your relationships with each other and with God. If it's doing courtship where you don't touch or be alone or if it's just making boundary guidelines when you do find yourselves alone at dinner or dropping each other off at places of living; it's making God first in the relationship that is most important.

Back to top Go down

Post by avenged angel Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 am

The point where it got hard for me to keep saying no, was when my hubby (before he was my hubby) and i started making out. that one little thing led to other things such as touching eachother places we shouldnt have yet or even just looking.
a relationship is a wonderful thing. but trust God's timing. like God commands us, wait until you are married to start being lustful with one another- just because you havent done anything physical doesn't mean you haven't done anything. if you've thought it, you've as good as done it in God's eyes. everything is so much simpler when you wait and i knw this from experience. i got lucky so to speak, God gave me a good guy that stuck with me through thick and thin.
avenged angel
avenged angel
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing your story Avenged.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Post by avenged angel Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks Steph Smile I miss talking to all the girls on here- it's been too long Smile
avenged angel
avenged angel
Faithful Poster
Faithful Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down