Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

2 posters

Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by sarah Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 pm

So I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm not sure what the answer is. Does it go against scripture to marry an unbeliever? My friends say yes because 2 Corinthians 6:14 says "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness?" But then there are verses like 1 Corinthians 7:12-14 which says, "To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy."

I know it isn't wise to marry an unbeliever because of the struggles that will arise from not having the same faith and I believe it is better to not marry an unbeliever, but I've heard people say that it goes against the bible and I just don't know what I think about that so I would love some opinions on the matter. Smile
sarah
sarah

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Marriage is intended by God to be a grand and life-long parable which describes the most intimate love that God has for Humanity. Adam was created in the image of God as man, and woman was given unto him as his helper. Because of this then man must always be the head of the household. And how can he be the head of the house if He isn't in a relationships with Jesus and stands to uphold his wife and children in accountability. It is very difficult in a marriage to try to 'change' the husband into coming to church or praying together as a family. It can cause a lot of strife if both man and woman are not both seeking to be closer to God. Think of the movie 'Fireproof' as an example.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyclaudette Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:14 pm

I agree with Dawn! Smile
I used to like a non-believer, and even that was a very slippery slope.

ladyclaudette
One on One Mentor
One on One Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

For me personally, I could never date a non-believer.

God is such a huge part of me, and if a guy wasn't a believer, then he wouldn't be able to understand the biggest part of my life, or even of my recovery.

I think in looking for a relationship, let alone a healthy and positive one, it's vital.

And of course, all the reasons Dawn posted, as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down