Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question *not sure if it triggers*

2 posters

Go down

Question *not sure if it triggers* Empty Question *not sure if it triggers*

Post by Survivor2010 Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Ok I was raped, do I still count as a pure christian when it comes to sexual purity? Cause yea i maybe preg but thats becuase my ex raped me, and my step dad raped me for almost 6 years. So thats why i am asking. Some people say no some people say yes. I believe I am still considered a virgin in Gods eyes only because i wasn't willing.
Survivor2010
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Question *not sure if it triggers* Empty Re: Question *not sure if it triggers*

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:55 pm

I know its a little long but I hope it helps.

Broken to Whole (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Adin was your typical teenage girl. She had sleep overs with her friends and got starry eyed over the new boy in her class. Some of her friends had boyfriends, so she thought that she would give dating a try. When Adin’s best friend, Megan, had sex with her boyfriend, Matt, Adin’s boy friend started to talk about having sex with her. Adin had been a Christian for about a year and knew that sex outside of marriage was wrong. Yet, Adin thought that rule didn’t apply to her because she had been sexual abused as a child and thought of her self as broken. "How am I to save something that I no longer have?" she thought.
It could be safe to say that many of us have played in the mud and got dirty. We got covered in mud head to toe. Just about every square inch of our body either had mud or was wet from the water, which helped make the mud. We had it caked in our hair and sometimes even smelled like mud. That wonderful, wet dirt smell or in some cases that gross, mud smell. We went home and probably got yelled at by our parents for bringing mud into the house. In the end, we washed it off, the dirt, the water and the smell. What if after you took a shower, used a whole bottle of soap and you scrubbed your body so much that it's red and in pain, yet, you still felt dirty and you still smelled the mud. That is what Adin and many others who have been raped or sexual abused feel. In Genesis 34, we read about Dinah, she was raped by a man named Shechem ( Gen. 34: 2). In 2 Sam. 13, we read about Tamar who was raped by her brother Amnon ( 2 Sam. 13:14). In both stories, the rapist/abuser was killed by the victims family.
Since Adin was new in her faith she did not understand many of the teachings in the bible, nor had she really read much of the Bible, Adin did not know that once she asked Jesus into her heart she was a new person. In the Bible it says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV ). When Adin prayed that day, God (in a spiritual sense) gave her back her virginity and she was mended. When we are without Christ, we are all broken, whether we have been abused or raped or with another traumatic event in our lives. God wants to fix us and make us whole again. He wants to make us a new creation that can live fully within Him, even with our broken past. He wants us to live the life that He has made just for us. We can apply 2 Corinthians 5:17 to our lives daily first and foremost by becoming a child of God, then every day after by reminding ourselves that we are new people our past should no longer have a hold of us. If it does not matter to God, then why should it matter to us?

Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor2010 Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Ehhhh..... *speechless*
Survivor2010
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Is being speechless a good thing or bad ?
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor2010 Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I think a good thing.. idk... i really don't know what to say to that... I have never had consentual sex only because i know its wrong... sooo yea...
Survivor2010
Survivor2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down