Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

birth control

2 posters

Go down

birth control Empty birth control

Post by stayyx3 Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:17 am

ok so I'm 22 and me and my boyfriend just starting having sex and we're using condoms but I also want to do my part and be responsible and take birth control so I can't get preggo cuz I don't want that to happen but I'm PETRIFIED to go to the gyno cuz I've never really been before and idk what would happen and stuff! and if they allow people to be with you or not while you're in the room (I REALLY want a friend to be with me!) so any advice that you all could give me will be helpful thanks!
stayyx3
stayyx3

Back to top Go down

birth control Empty Re: birth control

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Going to the gyno is just one of those lovely womanly things that we all put up with and all women do it so you aren't alone. We've all dreaded our first time but there is a lot of importance in it because your health is very important. The exam can detect problems way before you may ever notice them and stuff can be treated before it becomes a medical problem. If you feel more comfortable make sure then that you find a female doctor. If you are already having sex then the exam will be less painful because of the stretching that has already occurred. I would recommend that you go alone due to the fact that the exam actually is quite quick, the doctors know its uncomfortable and they go pretty fast and they will do an exam of your breast and belly also but they go really fast and usually talk to you about the weather and such to distract you; and they will be asking many personal questions that you may not want everyone to know. Anyways that's just my opinion. Smile

http://www.4collegewomen.org/fact-sheets/firstgyno.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 pm

my mom keeps encourging me saying that i need to see a gyno. I've talked to my doctor about this and she just asked about my periods and I told her at our last visit that mine had been going for more than 10 days so far. It stoped after about 12 days it was the worst i've ever experienced. so I was given birth control. the doctor than told me that if i continued to have prolonged periods she would set me up for a gyno. Also my mom really wants to go with me. I think that would be a good idea. have ur mother go with u. Im 19 and i've been having my periods since i was 12. and for them to be long is just a real pain. I get severe headaches sometimes.
Krystal
Krystal
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by stayyx3 Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm

thanks but I'd rather not have my mom know that i need to go on birth control

and thanks for the website it helped a lot Smile
stayyx3
stayyx3

Back to top Go down