Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Question (may trigger)

2 posters

Go down

Random Question (may trigger)  Empty Random Question (may trigger)

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Thu May 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Im not really sure if this is will be a trigger so I went a head and posted a warning.

So I was watching this show called Obsessed its about people how deal with different types and forms of OCD.One of the ladies on there pulled her hair out (Trichotillomania) and this got me thinking since trichotillomania is looked at as an OCD behavior and also a form of self-injury, would other forms of self-injury suchs as cutting be a form of OCD too??
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Random Question (may trigger)  Empty Re: Random Question (may trigger)

Post by rippled_reflection Sun May 22, 2011 10:13 am

Possibly. I mean, right now there's really no classification for self injury clinically, but it would probably fall under an impulse disorder or OCD. I know for a while they were thinking about putting self injury under one of those two categories. They were also talking about moving eating disorders to an OCD category though. It kind of makes sense because both self injury and eating disorders have a huge cognitive piece to them. Then again self injury is also impulsive. So who knows? But right now, it's not classified that way. Give it a few years and I'm sure it will change.
rippled_reflection
rippled_reflection
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down