Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about yourself!

+28
Raelene
DarkAsylum
Manders331
rebecca2011
Daughteroftheking
Survivor2010
Jenny201307
AshleighJoy
Krystal
Lina
Chanee
broken_forever
Phantom93
JessicaBrooke
Ally
Liz
guardyan_angel
Alexithymia
thinking
sarah
Gods.Daughter.1990
hopalongkim
GodsBabyGirl
ladyclaudette
cassandra
Beauitful Disgrace
rippled_reflection
Steph
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tell us about yourself! Empty Tell us about yourself!

Post by Steph Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:44 pm

We'd love to get to know you better. Share whatever you feel comfortable with sharing.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself! Empty Re: Tell us about yourself!

Post by rippled_reflection Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 pm

So... I've been here for a while, but I'm not sure if I ever formally introduced myself to the board (on the old one). I'm Kelli. I'm 24. I'll be 25 in 8 days... which makes me feel really old. However, on the plus side, I can get a discount on my car insurance and can rent a car with a discount. Smile Anyway, I live in Tennessee. I'm currently working on my Masters in Mental Health Counseling. Once I graduate, I'd like to move to either Virginia or Maryland to work with inner city teens--mainly girls. I'd like to work with what society considers "troubled teens" or "at-risk teens." Basically put, these are teens who experience abuse, neglect, rape, etc., who struggle with self-injury, depression, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts, etc. These are teens who are at risk of becoming homeless, being teen mothers, getting involved in gang activity and/or drug activity and who know people (friends and/or relatives) who have been murdered and who worry that they, too, will face the same fate. I really feel that this population is underserved. They are crying out for help, but not many people will help them. So, that's what I'd like to do. Smile

Anyway, I'm originally from Georgia. I have a younger brother and sister. I like to draw, knit, build things (currently working on a chest), play sports, hike, swim, rollerblade, pretty much anything active. Courtney is my roommate. (She's also on this board.) Anyway, I guess that's it. If you want to know anything else, just ask! bounce
rippled_reflection
rippled_reflection
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauitful Disgrace Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Howdy um... Im Morgan but I go by Momo. I am 21 years young! I have four nieces that have made me the proudest aunt in the would. I have three older siblings two brothers, one sister and three little brothers.I am my fathers middle and my mothers baby. I was saved on 8/8/02 and baptized on 9/8/02.I am been down many roads(abuse, depression, Self-injury), most bad but they have made me how I am today. I am going to college fr Early Childhood Education. Some day I plan on going back and majoring in psychology. Music is my life and I enjoy writing poems and short stories.
Beauitful Disgrace
Beauitful Disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Nice to meet you Kel! Very Happy I didn't know that you liked to knit so I learned something new! Go figure! And you aren't old (though I often refer to myself as old when I know I'm not), but the car insurance thing is a nice benefit. Laughing
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rippled_reflection Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks, Steph. Yeah, I learned to knit when I was a freshman in college. It's nice to do sometimes when I'm watching TV or a movie because I can do something with my hands, too. I haven't knitted many different things, though, just some scarves, a baby blanket, and a oversized blanket (which I am currently working on and have been for about a year now). Smile
rippled_reflection
rippled_reflection
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Well, lets see.

My name is Katie and i'm 19 years old. I am going to school for Criminal Justice and Spanish and I hope to attend Harvard Law School to become a lawyer. I am a complete nerd and love school (which includes homework). I am also a jock and love playing every sport, especially basketball, volleyball, and tennis. I have one older brother (recently married) and an older half-sister who has two kids (my nephews). My parents as of tomorrow will have been married 25 years. I love to read and sleep. I have about 70 books in my room that i've bought but haven't read because I don't have the time.

My struggles in life are posted in the "share your story" part of the forums. I'm always up to trying new things.

I can't wait to get back to school because home drives me crazy. I really don't know what else to add, so there you go. Got any questions? Just ask me. albino

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:56 pm

my name is cassandra. i'm 21 years old and have one younger brother. i live at home with my family, and am a sophomore in college. by spring semester 2011, i'll be a junior.my major is psychology. i want to be a children/teen counselor. i still attend youth group regularly, and love it! my youth leaders are 2 of the biggest reasons why i want to get help and stop cutting for good. i work at burger king, and have for almost 3years now. it'll be 3years in october. my primary position there is drive-thru cashier, although i do sometimes work in the dining room as the cashier there. my cat is one of my best friends, and who i go to now if i'm having a rough day. i know i can vent to him, and not have to worry about him telling anyone what i've said, and he understands in his own little kitty way. i love to read. my favorite author of all time is melody carlson, and other books i like are clean realistic fiction. i love watching "Secret Life of the American Teenager", "Army Wives", and "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit", just to name a few. i also love lifetime movies that are clean, or as clean as possible in today's society and realistic fiction and not terribly violent. i love being outside, and try to run everyday, at least when my schedule allows it. i also love to color. i love music. my favorite type is Contemporary Christian, Christian Rock, and Christian Pop, which includes NeedToBreathe, Brooke Frasier, Britt Nicole, Skillet, Third Day, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Barlow Girl, and others.
anything else, just ask me.
cassandra
cassandra
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyclaudette Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Hiya!
I'm Claudia...I'm going to University this fall! I love Jesus, have an amazing boyfriend, and the best family + friends. I work at Kumon (a tutoring school) and as a ski instructor in the winter.

ladyclaudette
One on One Mentor
One on One Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by GodsBabyGirl Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm Alyssa, and I'm 17 years old. I have one brother and sister, and four step-sisters. My passions are working with children, music, writing, art, and photography. The first impression that I usually give off to people is that I'm quiet, but once you get to know me you will be wishing that I was quiet. After I graduate high school I want to go to college for youth ministry and/or early childhood education. Anything else that you want to know, just ask Smile
GodsBabyGirl
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 pm

ladyclaudette wrote:Hiya!
I'm Claudia...I'm going to University this fall! I love Jesus, have an amazing boyfriend, and the best family + friends. I work at Kumon (a tutoring school) and as a ski instructor in the winter.
What university did you decide on? if you don't mind me asking Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hopalongkim Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am

My name is Kimberly, I prefer Kim, I dont like my name. I am 15, almost 16. I have three brothers, and a sister. I have the best friends anyone could ever imagine. I am a Varsity Cheerleader in my high school, where ill be a junior. I also swim and row. In the past I have done every sport anybody can think of, except golf. I love running and writing. It calms my nerves. I have been down severl paths of destruction, but i am growing closer to God. I have slowly come away from my addictions (cutting, eating disorders, and depression), and grown closer to my Heavenly Father. i also start community college classes in the fall, jsut another thing my mom wants me to get done so i can take less classes in college. After college, i want to go to medical school and become a doctor. I am fully involved in my youth grop, and loooove it to death.
hopalongkim
hopalongkim

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey Kim! Sounds like you are a busy girl and very ambitious!! Thanks for letting us get to know a little bit. Very Happy
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gods.Daughter.1990 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Well most of you know me, but my name is Mandy and i live in Australia, i am 19 years of age nearly 20.. im getting old hahahaha. I dream and wish on coming to america in the next couple of years.. I WISH next year Very Happy.. I come from a non christian family and it can be really tough sometimes, especially in times i need them. I am 2 months free from SELF injury, BUT still think about it everyday. BUT through Gods strength in my weakness i can make it.. I am a kids leader at my church and i love it.. it is just a blessing and inspiration to watch Kids grow into the person God created them to be and know that i was put in this position to be part of that transformation. I am also a singer, and i sing in the church choir, its much fun.. Very Happy
Gods.Daughter.1990
Gods.Daughter.1990
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

So my name is Sarah and I'm 19 going on 20. I'm a sophomore in college and I'm majoring in Social Work and Vocational Ministry with a masters in Marriage and Family Therapy along with Mental Health Counseling...so I have some lofty ambitions to work in residential treatment and open my own non-profit. I've grown up in a "christian" home with no major problems, but I've been a cutter for 8 years now. I don't see an end to that soon, but hopefully I'm wrong. I guess what my life boils down to is my desire to keep at least one kid from feeling the way I've felt and going through the things I've put myself through.
sarah
sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by thinking Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 am

I'm Megan, I love love love children, and hope to work with them in sometime of my life as a career. I also have a passion for Biology and all types of sciences, as well as art. I don't know how the three will mix, but I kind of want to be a high school art teacher! I have three dogs, a yorkie, pug, and siberian husky. The Yorkie is mine though!!! He's my baby and is soon going to have more outfits than me!!!! I like watching TV, ironically, I never used to. I'm big on sports, mainly swimming, running, and basketball, oh and biking, soccer, haha. I love running, did I mention that? I am planning on going to a really good college, I have a few that I am keeping in mind! I'm a junior in high school next fall!
thinking
thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:42 am

- My name is Kerry.
- I am 20-years-old.
- I live in Utah, but I move often. I am from North Carolina originally (NC will always be home to me!), and am moving to Tennessee next month.
- My family is nothing but blood to me.
- My spiritual family helps me realize that family doesn't mean abuse, it means love.
- I struggled with lesbianism.
- I've struggled with cutting for 10 years.
- I've struggled with an Eating Disorder for 2 years.
- My favorite colors are brown and blue.
- I adore polka dots.
- 75% of people who know me have never seen my hair in its completely natural state and color.
- Animals make me really happy. I've had dogs, cats, hamsters, ferrets, cows, pigs, rats, rabbits, iguanas, parrots, bearded dragons... and probably more.
- Writing is a passion.
- Love reading, scrapbooking, and crocheting.
- Hiking is one of my main stress relievers.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my not-so-secret guilty pleasure.
- Praying in the Spirit makes everything okay.
- I am in a live-in nanny for three kids with liver issues.
- I went to Mercy Ministries September 11, 2008 and graduated the program on March 24, 2009.
- I still struggle with my issues a lot, but I now know that God will take me back regardless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 am

Hey Kerry! It's so nice to begin to get to know you!! I'm glad that you joined us here. I'm a transplant North Carolinian. I'm originally from NY but moved here 6 years ago. Love it in Carolina. Very Happy If you have any questions or need anything please let me know!
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Karry! Happy to have you here! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Steph wrote:Hey Kerry! It's so nice to begin to get to know you!! I'm glad that you joined us here. I'm a transplant North Carolinian. I'm originally from NY but moved here 6 years ago. Love it in Carolina. Very Happy If you have any questions or need anything please let me know!

I'm biased. NC is freakin' awesome. Beach, mountains, country, city... it's home. I grew up in eastern NC... but have recently fallen completely in love with Asheville, NC and the surrounding area. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Yup, I live in western/central Carolina. I love the mountains more than the beach but can handle both! haha.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexithymia Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm Felicia.
I was on the old board... Same name and all that jazz. I'm 20, an English major, performing in A Midsummer Night's Dream starting tomorrow and running through Sunday =)
I love cats and rabbits. I have two rabbits.
Ummm... I'm on SDB because I've been a self injurer and bulimic for 12 years. And I recently bought an SI awareness bracelet =)
Alexithymia
Alexithymia

Back to top Go down

Post by guardyan_angel Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:06 am

Hey babes!
I was on the old board, but just as a recap, I'm guardyan_angel, Guardy or Angel for short, but y'all can call me Drea (It's an obscure nickname of mine that almost no one uses, so no worries for me about protectin' the identity and all that jazz when y'all call me it.)
I'm from Texas, but I'm currently living in the Philippines (and yes, I'm Filipina.) I'm 16 & an incoming junior. I love music, reading, and writing original stories, poetry, songs, and fanfiction pieces. (I've got a FF.net account. If any of y'all are users of FF.net I'd totally love to talk to y'all.) I do cheer and track and field.
I've got two younger siblings, one bro and one sis, and live with them and both parents along with whichever relatives pop up needing a place to stay. Wink
I've struggled on and off with depression since the 4th grade, so about 6 or 7 years now (wow, that's a long time, now that I look at it,) the worst of it being around 7th and 8th grade. My struggle with SI in general began in the 6th grade but progressed to cutting by the end of 8th. I'll post more about my struggles later on in the Share Your Story section. Oh! And I've been free from SI for, as of today, 1 year, 10 months and a day. Smile
Ciao!
~Drea
guardyan_angel
guardyan_angel
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

http://www.guardyanangel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 am

Drea!!! So good that you decided to join us!!! Laughing Congrats on your over a year of no SI! Praise the Lord!! cheers
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:50 pm

heyyy everyone! i'm still trying to figure out these new boards so hopefully this is in the right place xD

anywho...

i'm Liz Smile
20 years old and was one of the original SDB members.
Steph and I have kept in touch via facebook (I've also
kept in touch with several of the other gals on here) and
Steph asked me to come back to be a chat mod so I agreed Smile

I'd like to let you know that my inbox is always open if you
need someone to talk to or just wanna say hey =) ♥️
Liz
Liz

http://www.lizziethellama.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guardyan_angel Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 am

Hey Liz!! Very Happy Very Happy Welcome back! Very Happy
~Drea
guardyan_angel
guardyan_angel
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

http://www.guardyanangel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum