Restored by Love Ministries Online Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are you involved in the local church or youth group? How has it helped your walk with Christ?

5 posters

Go down

How are you involved in the local church or youth group?  How has it helped your walk with Christ? Empty How are you involved in the local church or youth group? How has it helped your walk with Christ?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

How are you involved in the local church or youth group? How has it helped your walk with Christ?

Back to top Go down

How are you involved in the local church or youth group?  How has it helped your walk with Christ? Empty Re: How are you involved in the local church or youth group? How has it helped your walk with Christ?

Post by Steph Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm involved in guest services working at the information desk at my church, greeting visitors and members, answering questions that sort of thing. I'm also involved with the youth ministry sometimes. Very Happy

Serving God is a huge joy in my life, I want my life to bring Him glory. I want to give back to Him just a part of all He has given me (knowing full well that what I can give him will never be adequate yet He delights in me giving my all) and be a servant to others, showing them the love that He has given me.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

http://www.restoredbyloveministries.org

Back to top Go down

How are you involved in the local church or youth group?  How has it helped your walk with Christ? Empty Re: How are you involved in the local church or youth group? How has it helped your walk with Christ?

Post by GodsBabyGirl Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm in the process of finding a new church, but at the church where I should be attending right now I normally help out with Kid's Station and King's Kids whenever needed. Working with the kids and teaching them about God and His Word brings so much joy to me not only because it's what I want to do with my life, but because it brings joy to the children. Seeing their faces light up when you have them role play a story in the Bible or sing their favorite worship song just warms my heart. Seeing the kids interact with each other and learn about God's word opens my eyes to what God is doing in the world. It strengthens my faith and helps me keep in mind that God is always working not only in my life, but the people around me.
GodsBabyGirl
GodsBabyGirl
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm

ok, so my church is a good church.. but my vicar (pastor) is leavin... Sad
right now... i help every 3 weeks our of the month doing kids club. usually with the 0-4 ages... which i love!!! occasionally with the older ones! great conversations and challanging attitudes Smile when im not in kids club. im serving.. so helping the vicar and doing jobs all threw the services... whilst being robed up! if by some strange situation. im not in kids club or not serving... im in the choir... so yea... the other day.. i was actually in a service... i wasnt doing any jobs, i was just there to worship and relax,... it was so strange as i havnt done that for literally 4 years!!!

they got rid of the youth group.. which i was really sad about.. as i felt that it was the only thing for me... to just worship and have a good tme with mates...

right now.. it feels like im giving and giving...and not nesesarrally getting anything/ much back... so yea.... im a working on it...

xxx
Lizzie
Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Lizzie,
The purpose of serving is to give. It is giving back to Christ of our lives because He so selflessly gave His life for us. But it is also important that we are in a church that not only allows us to serve but also be taught God's Word in order that we can grow and serve others better. I pray that you will find a church in which you can do both of these things, grow in Christ and serve others.
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:10 pm

yea Smile
i dont think i worded it right..but i know it is so impotrant to serve God... i love it aswell.. just i really need to be able to listen and worship sometimes...
xxx
Lizzie
Lizzie
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Agreed. Wink
Steph
Steph
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gods.Daughter.1990 Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:52 am

Well i have been involved in Kindyzone which was kids up to the age of 5, at church for awhile when i first started to attend church it was so much fun and just bought great joy to be with the kids , then i grew and got involved with the choir, which i love so much. I love to just worship God and sing even in hard times when i don't feel like it. And i am also involved in NOW is KIDz Unlimited as a night leader, and it is pretty amazing. i love teaching the kids about God and watching them grow into the person God has created them to be. They bring great joy to my heart. Its just amazing.. I am also involved in youth as a helper in the shack which is like a mini shop thing we do.. it is fun being part of the team cause the people are amazing, and yeh.

I also help out with a couple at church with their kids, their dad is on connections at church and mum helps out that sometimes so i look after the kids and they are just a pleasure to look after. They are like family to me.

BUT i love serving God in anyway He leads me too.

Very Happy
Gods.Daughter.1990
Gods.Daughter.1990
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:30 am

I am the small group leader in kids church for the girls in grade 3-4. It's an amazing opertunity to positively influience these girls for God, as well as the other kids as a whole group. Its also such a blessing to be a part of, because they teach me so much as well.
I also lead youth group, which is also such an awesome place to serve God. I know how much of an influence my youth leaders had on me, and how much support, love they showed me. I just want to be able to give that back. Being a part of both ministries is good, because I'm able to be a consistent person in their lives. It's a huge blessing, watching the youth groupers change & grow up, mature & come to know God. It's so incredible. Smile
Ally
Ally
Genuine RBL Girl
Genuine RBL Girl

https://www.facebook.com/allyboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down